S4 Valencia - one or two shelves either side of bed

a18041967

When we initially viewed the new Valencia I was 100% sure there was a small shelf either side of the double bed. I remember commenting to my wife about the shelves.

Today we went to see another Valencia and there was only one shelf on the toilet door side the window side was missing. Barcalona had shelves either side as we expected.

can anyone else confirm if Valencia should have one or two shelves

There's one each side on the 360 degree internal view on the Bailey website.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Yep there’s two little ones above your head for cups of tea etc . We just bought a Unicorn Valencia 4 at the show yesterday!

Looking forward to getting it in December ? 

• Like 1

Yes we saw 2 shelves above the bed in the Valencia, you are lucky to know when your van is due we ordered the U4 Cartagena from our dealer 4 weeks ago told January or February ?

Glynnis

Love been out caravanning & volunteering at 4 heritage railways

Nissan Pathfinder followed by a Bailey Unicorn S4 Cartagena

Slightly OT but the vagueness in your delivery date probably means the dealer you are using has had to place a factory order for your Cart. and can't tell you a definitive delivery 'til the factory have put the order into their production schedule.

This will either mean your dealer has committed all his stock order Carts. to other customers or never ordered any stock order Carts. in the first place. 

Shopping around you may well find dealers who have stock order Cartagenas coming in with confirmed delivery dates, maybe even very, very quickly. Conversely you may find that all dealers have sold through their allocations and all would have to place a factory order.  

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Next Valencia build date is 27th November, this slipped a week due to supply issues, when I spoke to Bailey director at the show he said that currently February is when they're delivering vans but after the show this would slip to June.

December maybe a possibility if it's in stock or one of the vans being manufactured 27th November.

February wouldn’t be the too bad but June !!! I wouldn’t have ordered one if that was the case. This is the first new van we’ve ever bought so I’m not sure how it works but our dealer had what I presume was a list of vans pre ordered for them and wrote our name beside a Valencia . I do remember him saying they were building them in November and the van has an ID number which was added to our order form/receipt .

45 minutes ago, cb300 said:

February wouldn’t be the too bad but June !!! I wouldn’t of ordered one if that was the case. This is the first new van we’ve ever bought so I’m not sure how it works but our dealer had what I presume was a list of vans pre ordered for them and wrote our name beside a Valencia . I do remember him saying they were building them in November and the van has a ID number which was added to our order form/receipt .

We ordered our Valencia a month ago and were given a delivery date end of Jan begining of February, so looks like it'll be February which we're quite happy with .

On 23/10/2017 at 07:39, Steamdrivenandy said:

Slightly OT but the vagueness in your delivery date probably means the dealer you are using has had to place a factory order for your Cart. and can't tell you a definitive delivery 'til the factory have put the order into their production schedule.

This will either mean your dealer has committed all his stock order Carts. to other customers or never ordered any stock order Carts. in the first place.  

Shopping around you may well find dealers who have stock order Cartagenas coming in with confirmed delivery dates, maybe even very, very quickly. Conversely you may find that all dealers have sold through their allocations and all would have to place a factory order.   

Before we ordered our U4 Cartagena we got prices from 2 dealers both dealers told us if we wanted to take delivery of a Cartagena sooner rather than later they advised to order before the NEC (as this was when we were going to order), or order on early on at the show ie on Tuesday or Wednesday because by the weekend all the caravans schedule for the first build would have been sold, so could be June 2018 before we would get it as it would be on 2nd build so decided to order before the show did not wish to wait so long for a new van.

Glynnis

Love been out caravanning & volunteering at 4 heritage railways

Nissan Pathfinder followed by a Bailey Unicorn S4 Cartagena