Unicorn 4 Barcelona & Madrid

Just 'visited' the Bailey website and there is a layout for the 'new' Barcleona. Is this the new design, cannot see a lot of changes apart from the wardrobe has been moved to either side in the middle of the van. post-58348-0-18138400-1507312376_thumb.pngpost-58348-0-89720400-1507312386_thumb.png

https://www. baileyofbristol. co. uk/caravans/unicorn/unicorn-barcelona

Seems a longer dressing table and o/s rear side window. . No forward table in front of the refrigerator so TV brackets also required. The long narrow cupboard opposite the wardrobe may hold the dining table and extra storage.

Very nice caravan but happy with my Valencia order, mainly due to weight restrictions.

Looking at the 360 view I like the new layout, but still prefer the Pamplona. We were waiting for the Barcelona to be announced and thought there was going to be a big launch at the NEC!

Oh well, now bought the tickets so might as well go and see what else is available.

Seems a longer dressing table and o/s rear side window. . No forward table in front of the refrigerator so TV brackets also required. The long narrow cupboard opposite the wardrobe may hold the dining table and extra storage.

Very nice caravan but happy with my Valencia order, mainly due to weight restrictions.

Isn't the narrow cupboard the 'wine storage' cupboard that seems standard on U4 kitchens, the big table being stored in a hanging cradle under the bed?

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

And the Madrid has appeared on the website too.

It's interesting that it's a foot shorter than the other 4 berth single axle U4's, whereas the U3 Madrid was the same length. This takes the Madrid back to how it was in the U2 where it was shorter than the others.

They appear to have got rid of those silly curved dinette seatbacks of the U3 but I still think it could do with a window above the worktop by the door.

In fact I think it would be my choice of U4, if I was going for one. Oddly, it seems to be the same list price as most of the other 4 berth singles, despite being a foot shorter.

Just don't get what they have done with Madrid - why make it a foot shorter surely it would be easier from a production point of view to use the same body as the other single axle vans as it was in U3. It appears to have lost the very handy wardrobe in the bathroom and the cupboard under the sink and the TV cupboard by the door is also smaller. Furthermore if they were going to shrink it then at least get it under 7m to make for cheaper ferry crossings rather than 7. 05m - it doesn't even appear to have lost any weight despite being smaller either !

Volvo & Bailey

Isn't the narrow cupboard the 'wine storage' cupboard that seems standard on U4 kitchens, the big table being stored in a hanging cradle under the bed?

post-37616-0-27343600-1507336686_thumb.jpg

No . .

The wine cupboard is shown highlighted with a red border and is in the same position as other right kitchen layouts.

The narrow o/s cupboard (Highlighted in green) will probably house the dining table in the lower section and its not a under bed feature in the Unicorn 4 with N/S bed layout.

The usual placement for a dining table (Highlighted in yellow) now has shelves and a full O/S window.

Two many Highlights for one night . .. hitting the sack . . but make of it what you will . .. ;)

Edited by Steamdrivenandy

That's disappointing there is no unit by the door to put your TV like the U3 Barcelona. I don't like hanging TV's off the wall, none of our TV's at home are hanging off the wall, I'm certainly not prepared to hang them off a flimsy caravan panel, no matter how much strengthening they say is there, plus it looks ugly being faced with that as you enter through the door. Oh well, never mind, we were going to go and have a look at the Barcelona when our local dealer started having deliveries of them. We won't be bothering now, for us, they've made the layout worse than the U3 Barcelona which is a big disappointment.

Edited by Llew

Madrid is reviewed on the Practical Caravan website.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

That's disappointing there is no unit by the door to put your TV like the U3 Barcelona. I don't like hanging TV's off the wall, none of our TV's at home are hanging off the wall, I'm certainly not prepared to hang them off a flimsy caravan panel, no matter how much strengthening they say is there, plus it looks ugly being faced with that as you enter through the door. Oh well, never mind, we were going to go and have a look at the Barcelona when our local dealer started having deliveries of them. We won't be bothering now, for us, they've made the layout worse than the U3 Barcelona which is a big disappointment.

Have you got plasterboard walls at home?

They are probably weaker than what Bailey want us to hang a TV bracket on. .... :P

Have you got plasterboard walls at home?

They are probably weaker than what Bailey want us to hang a TV bracket on. . . .. :P

No, solid stone walls. I just think they look ugly hanging off the wall with cables trailing everywhere, I know you can hide them in trunking, but not in a caravan. I think Bailey have messed the interior up with the new Barcelona, not only was the side unit handy to place your TV, but also for other items. It was also handy for those that take their sky box with them, we don't, we just watch the freeview channels, I won't have sky.

No, solid stone walls. I just think they look ugly hanging off the wall with cables trailing everywhere, I know you can hide them in trunking, but not in a caravan. I think Bailey have messed the interior up with the new Barcelona, not only was the side unit handy to place your TV, but also for other items. It was also handy for those that take their sky box with them, we don't, we just watch the freeview channels, I won't have sky.

I agree fella-Bailey are starting to make a lot of obvious mistakes with their new vans. ..definitely design over function IMHO

Have to agree new Barcelona very disappointing, have Unicorn 3 Barcelona presently, really don't like opening the door to a " Mobility" handle and a solid wall on the new model. Everyone says how lovely and open the Barcelona is currently? All that openness and cupboard space wasted just to get a bit longer bed. Might have to be radical and go for a new Pamplona, but even that lacks a few bits from the series 3, think Bailey are cutting costs and finish as well as weight?

Problem is some members of this site are obsessed with bed sizes. And other sites I might add.

Really does sound like Bailey have spoilt the new Barca, the last model was what I would have wanted in the Valencia.

The tall fridge does close in a caravan, and the mobility handle I would just find embarrassing, does any other caravan manufacturer fit one?

I don't have an handle in my caravan, just a fixed TV bracket with a 9" wide approx. shelve below it, for my Humax to fit.

Problem is some members of this site are obsessed with bed sizes. And other sites I might add.

Really does sound like Bailey have spoilt the new Barca, the last model was what I would have wanted in the Valencia.

The tall fridge does close in a caravan, and the mobility handle I would just find embarrassing, does any other caravan manufacturer fit one?

I don't have an handle in my caravan, just a fixed TV bracket with a 9" wide approx. shelve below it, for my Humax to fit.

Adria have fitted a similar handle to their motorhomes for at least a decade.

I think it's a sensible fitting, given that I've noticed that where the hand automatically falls on our van, on top of the lounge bench end board, the wood grain pattern has worn off the panel edging strip. A handle would stop that edge being used and keep it looking good.

Im one of them, and why not we have a super kingsize bed at home so a 44 or even 4 double bed just is not big enough for us. Bailey was going to be on the shopping list but they have dropped the twin axle single beds and even if they hadent the beds are far too narrow. Our current van has 27 singles with a wide enough gang way if lunar can do it in a normal width van why oh why cant the others. If thats being obsessed I am!!

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Im one of them, and why not we have a super kingsize bed at home so a 44 or even 4 double bed just is not big enough for us. Bailey was going to be on the shopping list but they have dropped the twin axle single beds and even if they hadent the beds are far too narrow. Our current van has 27 singles with a wide enough gang way if lunar can do it in a normal width van why oh why cant the others. If thats being obsessed I am!!

I'm 6ft 2ins tall and 17 stone and I'm obsessed with bed length, but width not so much a problem.

We started out with a Horizons Unlimited Innovation 1 campervan, built on a Mk 6 SWB Transit (see this Mk 7 version https://www. autotrader. co. uk/classified/advert/201706206607253?radius=1500&make=HORIZONS%20UNLIMITED&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_motorhomes&postcode=cw39an&page=1 ). The single beds were made up from the swivelled and levelled front seats and the rear seats slid flat. 7ft or so long and just 2ft wide. I never noticed the narrowness and loved the length. The 6ft 4ins by 2ft 3insof the Peggy 2 Rimini is just right.

The 6ft 3ins by 2ft 3ins U4 Cadiz beds should be OK too but an extra inch and 6 ins off Mrs SDA's side would hve been better.

• 2 weeks later...

O dear what a shame about the Barca U 4 layout.   I have had a U1 and currently a U3 but U4 will not be on my list.   Reason mainly the tombstone fridge on the N/S, the granny grab handle and nowhere for the TV, cooker lid covering window, not enough 12v sockets - bathroom window?

Good news is used U3 Barcas will have a better value as they are going to be more sought after.

On 08/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, Steamdrivenandy said:

I'm 6ft 2ins tall and 17 stone and I'm obsessed with bed length, but width not so much a problem.

We started out with a Horizons Unlimited Innovation 1 campervan, built on a Mk 6 SWB Transit (see this Mk 7 version https://www. autotrader. co. uk/classified/advert/201706206607253?radius=1500&make=HORIZONS%20UNLIMITED&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_motorhomes&postcode=cw39an&page=1 ). The single beds were made up from the swivelled and levelled front seats and the rear seats slid flat. 7ft or so long and just 2ft wide. I never noticed the narrowness and loved the length. The 6ft 4ins by 2ft 3insof the Peggy 2 Rimini is just right.

The 6ft 3ins by 2ft 3ins U4 Cadiz beds should be OK too but an extra inch and 6 ins off Mrs SDA's side would hve been better.

I'm 6'4", despite this I'm perfectly happy in our 6'3" x 4'3" bed, even though I sleep on the corridor side which has a 'wedge' cut out of this space - okay I'm just under 15st but even so having a cuddle with Mrs FB is very pleasant indeed! She is 5'3" so I tend to sleep slightly at an angle.