Important Information On Adac Breakdown

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ADAC MEMBERSHIP.

I have been notified today, from the Office dealing with UK Membership of ADAC the German Breakdown Organisation, that all their Head Office and all Regional Offices as from 31st September 2017 will only be able to enrol German Citizens with a German Postal Address as a Member of their Services.

This will affect ALL Countries outside of Germany not just the UK.

This will NOT AFFECT anyone who is already an ADAC Member now as long as they renew their subscription each Year and dont let their Membership to lapse they will continue to be able to use this excellent Breakdown service.

Munich. Head Office, as yet, has not changed their Website and Terms but will be doing in the very near future.

snooks

Elddis Crusader Storm with Kia Sorento XS

Joys of European Caravanning

After looking on your blog I looked into it, I have just taken out a policy with them, phew!

Volvo XC90 D5 AWD, Lunar Ultima 615,Towing at 62%

You have a second chance at life it's called tomorrow!

Wow does September have 31 days in Germany?

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON ADAC MEMBERSHIP.

I have been notified today, from the Office dealing with UK Membership of ADAC the German Breakdown Organisation, that all their Head Office and all Regional Offices as from 30th September 2017 will only be able to enrol German Citizens with a German Postal Address as a Member of their Services.

This will affect ALL Countries outside of Germany not just the UK.

This will NOT AFFECT anyone who is already an ADAC Member now as long as they renew their subscription each Year and dont let their Membership to lapse they will continue to be able to use this excellent Breakdown service.

Munich. Head Office, as yet, has not changed their Website and Terms but will be doing in the very near future.

snooks

Hi Dianne,

thank you for the phone call today – and thanks again for your understanding.

Dear Members & interested Persons,

Unfortunately from the 1st of October 2017 the ADAC Mobile Club in Germany is not allowed to take out any new memberships for interested people with a residence outside from Germany.

For existing Members it is still possible to renew the existing breakdown cover insurance over the phone and stay as a member in ADAC Mobile Club.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards

Amanda Moser-Wickles

Leiterin Geschäftsstelle & Reisebüro

ADAC Südbayern e. V. , Paracelsusstraße 1, 93053 Regensburg

Tel: (0941) 5 56 73 Fax: (0941) 56 16 65

amanda. moser-wickles@sby. adac. de

www. adac. de/suedbayern www. adacreisen. de www. sicherheitstraining. net

After looking on your blog I looked into it, I have just taken out a policy with them, phew!

We are the Lucky ones. We have been Members for 11 years.

How would that affect a UK member requiring breakdown cover while still in the UK? Presumably they sub contract it out to a local service anyway? Don't know much about ADAC, heard good things but have always used Red Pennant and RAC at home.

Edited by Tuningdrew

It won't affect existing Members at all. They would just ring ADAC Breakdown Number in Germany, as they do now. and they would contact the AA in the UK. You need to go through Germany as ADAC covers more than the AA in this country for eg. Home Start is included, not an extra as it is with the AA.

All in all as good and excellent Service at third of the cost of RP. Sadly now no more UK New Members.

Well based on reviews I'm giving it a go. Hopefully will never need it but it was cheaper than Mayday and then RP that we would buy when going to Europe.

It is certainly a comprehensive product as is RP.

Thanks to my Mayday renewal that came on Thursday plus Snooks's website and help it prompted me to enquire and subsequently join, just scraping in before the deadline.

Proof is in the Pudding.

Only for those who eat pudding :rolleyes:

Wonder what was the reasoning for the withdrawal of membership from non-German residents. Cost almost certainly. Perhaps calls to breakdowns to foreign members in other countries became too big a burden to carry?

And it removes one source and its supporters from the regular debates about European breakdown.

Edited by beejay

Tis a stunning product. Not just the price but the fact that you don't have to phone around every year threatening to leave in order not to get price gouged as an existing customer in rip off Blighty.

The price you see is what you pay. ..

:excl::excl::excl:    Spanish Trip 2020 - :excl::excl::excl: - Time to bailout...

Subscribe to our Blog at the website below and read the diaries of many of our expeditions.

Caravan Ramblings blog

Geoff

Everybody can make typing errors.

Everybody can make typing errors.

Yes you should just read some of my recent entries here!

geoff

Geoff

Not this year Geoff ;):lol::lol:

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

Not this year Geoff ;):lol::lol:

I'll wait then!

geoff