peterjohn

Has Anyone Had Problems With The Thetford Aspire 2 Grill?

Toaster available from well known auction site.     391781825468.  Price £3. 59.  

It says Stainless steel but the one I received does not say that on the box, still I don't care as long as it works!

It folds up very nicely and weighs next to nothing, can't wait to try it. ......Peter

Well well, happy days, I only say that because we thought we had a problem with our Theford Aspire 2 grill, clearly we don’t or at least we’re not alone with our 25 minute not coloured-up toast, it must be Thefords way of attempting to keep us all healthy,  unfortunately what’s good for your health is not necessarily good for the environment because as we attempt to slightly colour our toast the gas is running for hours. Maybe some one might come up with a booster for the grill, just a little more pressure at the burner end of the grill perhaps.  At least we know that Theford are not on the case and that they really couldn’t give a flying ****.  You know what I mean.  However, I wonder what they say when you explane to them that the grill is not fit for purpose unless it sole use is as a plate warmer when the oven is on?

Our grill pan sits on an upturned oven tray which raises it about 20mm. Absolutely no problem with the toast.

On 02/11/2017 at 10:41, peterjohn said:

Toaster available from well known auction site.     391781825468.  Price £3. 59.  

It says Stainless steel but the one I received does not say that on the box, still I don't care as long as it works!

It folds up very nicely and weighs next to nothing, can't wait to try it. ......Peter

Peter, tried that number on ebay no luck