Sign in to follow this  
P_P

Green Atc Light Stays On When Vehicle Is Disconnected

Hi folks

As the title says my green ATC light remains on when vehicle is no longer connected to the van. Any ideas?

Hi folks

As the title says my green ATC light remains on when vehicle is no longer connected to the van. Any ideas?

As the power for the light must be coming from somewhere are you sure it is not somehow wired into the van battery or solar panel if you have one ?

Ian

Something is amiss as my control panel is telling me that the leisure battery is 13. 8 and my vehicle battery is also 13. 8 no vehicle connected

Something is amiss as my control panel is telling me that the leisure battery is 13. 8 and my vehicle battery is soal3. 18 no vehicle connected

The van battery can be 13. 8V if fully charged.

Don't understand the second bit," vehicle battery is also 13. 8V no vehicle connected" ?

Ian

The ATC gets power only from the tow vehicle permanent live feed.

Your van is wired very incorrectly and it needs sorting. Can you ask the previous owner, if bought privately? Or return it to the dealer as not suitable for purpose.

It sounds like a relay may have failed so your leisure battery is permanently connected to the 13 pin socket.

Definitely something has gone astray. It's a 2017 swift, all was ok up until today, also telling me my vehicle battery reading when not connected makes me think the problem is connected.

Off to Portugal on Tuesday that's the biggest problem

Does the ATC actually fire up when you connect it to the car ?

You may be able to get a mobile to come to your aid tomorrow if you ring them early enough.

Ian

Edited by Tandem Man

Definitely something has gone astray. It's a 2017 swift, all was ok up until today, also telling me my vehicle battery reading when not connected makes me think the problem is connected.

Off to Portugal on Tuesday that's the biggest problem

I'd give sargent electrical a call tomorrow, they are very helpful and may be able to help you trouble shoot over the phone. It could be a simple as a relay that's got stuck.

If it's your habitational relay that's stuck then when the 13 pin plug is disconnected from the car and caravan master switch on, you shouldn't be able to turn the caravan interior lights on.

Edited by Simple Life

Thanks for replying all good advice cheers

The ATC gets power only from the tow vehicle permanent live feed.

Your van is wired very incorrectly and it needs sorting. Can you ask the previous owner, if bought privately? Or return it to the dealer as not suitable for purpose.

I would have said it's a fairly simple electrical fault whereby the leisure battery is connected to the 12v feed wire. As already said probably a sticking relay or the controller is holding the relay latched in. Perhaps start by disconnecting the leisure battery for an hour or so to let the system reboot. . Returning the van as not fit for purpose seems a bit of a knee jerk reaction to me? No offence intended.

Call Sargent tech support. They are excellent and explain your timeframes. Might be difficult for you to get any spares in time though.

My Alko LED doesn't light up at all!!!!

Edited by PandR
  • Like 1

I'll try the dealer in the morning thanks all

I'll try the dealer in the morning thanks all

You'll get more sense out of Sargent. 01482 678981

• Like 1

And Sargent, I agree they are very helpful thanks

Make sure you give us an update, I'm interested in this issue myself.

Hi did you get a resolution to this issue as I have the same fault..?

This thread is 2.1/2 yrs old so I suggest you start a new post.

Good luck

19 minutes ago, WispMan said:

This three is 2.1/2 yrs old so I suggest you start a new post.

Good luck

Graham, the OP hasn't been on since October 2017, so chances of answering are as slim as my waistline.

New topic Glyn would be best