• Announcements

• BenF

Forum upgrade   12/10/17

Hi everyone, As you're probably aware, we've been in the process of upgrading the Caravan Talk forum software for a while. I can now confirm that the software has been upgraded and we're fully up to date. Please note that this new software is quite different in appearance and function, so may require a bit of relearning. We are in the process of refining the look, features and experience to make it a bit better and more familiar. If you spot any issues please let us know in the feedback forum. Unfortunately any posts between Monday morning and now have been lost. This is due to when the database snapshot was taken for the upgrade, this may also affect new members since then. We do apologise for this, but we have tried to keep disruption to a minimum. We are already aware and working on the following issues: PayPal payment issues for CT Supporters Forum design, lack of CT branding including colours Temporary loss of reviews databases Navigation bar needs refining We will keep this list up to date, so please check here before posting new updates, or to keep on tabs of our progress. The software was upgraded in order to provide you with a more secure, reliable, faster experience, whilst providing us with more tools to improve the features and options for the forum. Thank you for your continued support. Ben and the CT Team
richand jan

Can Now Charge Our Electric Toothbrushes Off Ehu!

Have been wanting to install an inverter for a while to charge the Dyson handheld, laptop, drill battery and electric toothbrushes(!) of EHU. Finally got around to it. Most of the existing sockets can now be switched between EHU or Inverter depending on whether off grid or not. No more dead Dyson at the storage site :-)

VE Phoenix 12|250 pure sinewave inverter

VE Phoenix 12|250 pure sinewave inverter (~200W) installed under lounge seat in Coachman Pastiche 520. Changeover switch (16A DPDT inset in C-Line surface mount box) installed to select between either EHU (via consumer unit MCB for sockets) or Inverter to supply 240V to new under lounge seat socket and to 5 existing sockets on two existing radial circuits. Existing Charger/Fridge circuit and additional existing Sockets radial supplying hob, microwave and three other sockets left unchanged to be supplied only ever from consumer unit when on EHU. Inverter is equipped with remote on/off terminal that is connected to a new on/off switch discretely located in lounge and fed from van Aux circuit. This enables inverter to be easily switched on or off without diving under lounge seat and to ensure it's off whenever the van Master switch is off to help avoid accidental flat battery.

Eventually came to my senses and decided a contactor solution to automatically switch between EHU and Inverter would have been overkill. This works quite nicely.

Edited by richandjan

Did you remember to disable the battery charger whilst running on inverter?

Existing Charger/Fridge circuit and additional existing Sockets radial supplying hob, microwave and three other sockets left unchanged to be supplied only ever from consumer unit when on EHU.

Existing Charger/Fridge circuit and additional existing Sockets radial supplying hob, microwave and three other sockets left unchanged to be supplied only ever from consumer unit when on EHU.

Ah sorry, missed that, early morning !

I did something similar on mine but used a contactor to changeover to EHU. 3500w pure sinewave, works really well.

I note you say about the Dyson, Dyson actually make a 12v charger and a very nice wall bracket which holds it all. Just a thought, it's more efficient than the inverter route.

Edited by AJGalaxy2012
  • Like 1

Bit of an out of date concept I'm afraid now.

We use sonic toothbrushes that charge off a USB port. Its actually better than its well known original counterpart and costs just £22 (or £38 on Amazon).

https://www. banggood. com/Digoo-DG-YS11-5-Brush-Modes-Essence-Sonic-Electric-USB-Rechargeable-Toothbrush-IPX7-Waterproof-p-1157117. html?rmmds=search

5eef411e-e97b-45cf-ade0-4fa30e124f1b.jpg

Think you will find that most on here prefer this method. ;)

post-1814-0-17314300-1505984384_thumb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

. .... I note you say about the Dyson, Dyson actually make a 12v charger and a very nice wall bracket which holds it all. Just a thought, it's more efficient than the inverter route.

Darn it :(

Bit of an out of date concept I'm afraid now.

We use sonic toothbrushes that charge off a USB port. Its actually better than its well known original counterpart and costs just £22 (or £38 on Amazon).

https://www. banggood. com/Digoo-DG-YS11-5-Brush-Modes-Essence-Sonic-Electric-USB-Rechargeable-Toothbrush-IPX7-Waterproof-p-1157117. html?rmmds=search

Darn it again :angry:

Someone is going to tell me I can get a USB laptop charger next!

I could get a 12V charger for the laptop but these chargers are forever changing so glad to have a generic option on hand now.

Think you will find that most on here prefer this method. ;)

attachicon.gifIMG_1187. JPG

:D not quite there yet!

• Like 1

I could get a 12V charger for the laptop but these chargers are forever changing so glad to have a generic option on hand now.

The generic 12v laptop chargers have a variety of interchangeable plugs on them and work with the vast majority of laptops new and old.

• Like 1

Griff!!..............put 'em back in!! :D

I use my USB wireless phone charger to charge my Oral B. Only need to remember one.

How do you charge oral b toothbrush off wireless phone charger please, as I have oral b and do not understand how this can be done and what model oral b do you charge 

2 hours ago, ydda2 said:

How do you charge oral b toothbrush off wireless phone charger please, as I have oral b and do not understand how this can be done and what model oral b do you charge 

I'm interested too!

Cheers

Keith

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:16, ydda2 said:

Add another interested

On 13/10/2017 at 16:16, ydda2 said:

Might be this:

https://www. amazon. co. uk/Kao-Electric-Toothbrush-Charging-Portable/dp/B0716QSDY8

John

• Like 1