Ozio . ..opinions

We have a 2017 Cruiser - new in February. The front seats are about to be returned as the foam appears to have collapsed were we generally sit the most i. e. down by the centre chest. I am also keeping an eye on the mattress as although we find it comfortable, i think 2 grooves / ruts are forming where we lay when sleeping. Only been used about 50 nights - not impressed!

Alan

Buccaneer Cruiser 2017 - Jeep Grand Cherokee

One day i hope to have enough money to live the life my wife lives.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems. Our experience of Ozio is quite the opposite as we find the bed mattress very comfortable.

Yes we have the same view, after 350 nights on the Ozio Mattress we would say its the most comfortable caravan mattress we have ever slept on.

All explained here:http://www. ozioleisure. co. uk/   Apparently it weighs 30% less, which is why some manufacturers have switched to it, but give me back my sprung seating any day.

Spoke with LF yesterday and they said ask dealer to submit a claim. so has been done. We wait and see. Must say that with dealing dealing with LF on the seat side of things they where good in there practice of change over and sending out a new set. took approx 2 week the whole process,they said they are made to order, not just on the shelf. So fingers crossed

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

• 2 weeks later...

Coachman use Ozio (Leisure Furnishings) as well and we have issues with the front seats and backs - van is going back to the dealer on 6th Oct for inspection. We also have Ozio mattresses on our fixed single beds, but they are fine. We do use Duvalays on top of them, which incorporate a 2. 5cm mattress topper, but no complaints with the mattresses.

Took van to dealers yesterday and they are contacting Coachman about the fillings in our seats. Think it helped when the lady in the warranty department came to see the problem, sat on the seat by the chest, and nearly toppled into the gap between the two cushions! OK, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but she clearly felt what we were referring to. The material is creasing badly too. Hopefully our cushions and backs will all be refilled.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

Now on set number 6, they collected them last Tuesday and delivered them back on Friday.

They feel firmer but not out until next weekend.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

Now on set number 6, they collected them last Tuesday and delivered them back on Friday.

Ian

Blimey Ian, you'd have thought they would've got it right by now! Really hope this is the last time yours have to be refilled. The van we part-exchanged for our new Coachman was still on the dealer's forecourt for sale - it's 4 years old and the sprung seating in that van still looks like new!

Ian

If we had to go down that route several times, I think I would rather pay the extra for the seats to be refilled elsewhere with a decent foam. As it is only the seats I wonder if they can be replaced with pocket sprung seats and still maintain their shape?

• Like 1

Bellfield furnishings are no better. That's what is fitted in our van, and after less than 20 nights have lost their shape and gone flat. Dealer has been notified and told that only replacements will be tolerated. Totally agree with Glen and Les, and bring back sprung seating, never had this problem with our previous vans seating which were sprung. Just another example of manufacturers using inferior products that are not fit for purpose.

I am having a seat replaced under warranty on my Swift due to this problem. The side my wife sits on is ok so maybe they are alright for light people but with a bit of 'manly' weight they give way. I had sprung seating as well in my last Lunar and this faired very well. Corner cutting at it again but when they have to keep replacing these things they may get the idea that the bean counters don't always get it right.

Maybe the upholstery companies think we only use the van's for 2 weeks a year! Saying that, we've probably spent between 60/70 nights in ours - that's only 2/3 months. Goodness help anyone who spends much more time in theirs.

Maybe the upholstery companies think we only use the van's for 2 weeks a year! Saying that, we've probably spent between 60/70 nights in ours - that's only 2/3 months. Goodness help anyone who spends much more time in theirs.

TBH I think the problem only comes to light if you use the caravan continuously for weeks at a time. The upholstery does not recover fully to its original shape so when you sit on it next it is still a bit compressed. Sitting on it compresses it even more so the following day it is a bit more compressed than the previous day. This goes on until the seat can no longer compress and it becomes hard and uncomfortable to sit on. If then left for several weeks, it almost regains its original shape and then the cycle starts all over again.

Is this perhaps an issue fault with all memory foam? I was surprised to read the other day that the life span of good memory foam is between 8 and 10 years however I would think that an average quality memory foam the life span would be a lot shorter.

Would a latex insert be any better as it has a longer life span however I am unsure of a like for like weight difference?

• Like 1

Ozio - opinion?

On our 2015 Coachman Pastiche. ...Quite firm, but quite comfortable. ...for the first week or so, then sagged such that obvious bum-dents showed on the seating and body-dents in the mattress.

I’m confident we would have had a fight on our hands if we’d kept the van but there were so many other more serious defects we part-exchanged it for a much more confortable (if still not completely perfect Bailey without Ozio)

We spent a month in our van in Aug/Sep then it was in storage until last Wed when we went away for just 2 nights. I agree about the foam compressing and recovering, but the material itself on the one back rest in particular is very creased and that never recovers. Hope we get them refilled, then we can start the whole process again!

Just been told today by our dealer that Coachman have asked them to deal direct with Leisure Furnishings, so still awaiting the outcome of our claim.

well spoke to dealer today and they have been instructed that they cannot deal with LF and have to go thru Elddis fro mnow on. Sem like theyve had a shake up at Elddis?

Oh and not impressed with new LAYOUT OF WEBSITE . .SORRY. ..

Edited by smino0_1
EDIT
  • Like 1

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

Mmmmm. ........

on this matter. .... we got out Crusader Nov 2015, found all the furnishings to be really comfortable with no issues at all so far. ...

maybe. .as ours was one of the first of the new design to be built, I wonder if LF Ozio, made a real effort to establish themselves in the market, and have since reduced the quality to become more profitable. ..,? Just a thought, fingers crossed ours stays as it is. ..

• Like 1

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

well we have the same feeling . altho ours is 2106 and is the 2016 specs  . prob most of it was made in late 2015. as def the first mattress was softer than the second mattress. and the same with the seats too.

We have a 2017 Mistral purchased new in May, we have spent 90 nights away in the van and so far, no issues with seats or mattress, seats do sink a bit when sat for a length of time but then seem to recover to the original shape, mattress no problem at all. I hope they stay like this. We find the van very comfortable and cosy and the van seems very solid and well built unlike our last van which was a 2015 Lunar Clubman

• Like 1

Still waiting to hear from our dealer, so a chaser email has today been sent, also mentioning that their "repair" to fix a leaking window has not worked - but that's a different matter!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As I posted on the Coachman Forum, our claim is now with Leisure Furnishings and we are dealing direct with them regarding return of the cushions - we have a date of 15th January.

On 05/11/2017 at 09:32, Durbanite said:

After 7 nights in our 2018 caravan. the Ozio seating seems okay and also the mattress however time will tell!

Hopefully you will have the enhanced filling and all will be well. Enjoy your new caravan.  

Edited by Glen and Les

• 2 weeks later...

No complaints about our 2 year old Ozio furniture, bed really comfy and seats are fine. .....

earlier model maybe, and has been changed since. ....

3 hours ago, Timanita said:

No complaints about our 2 year old Ozio furniture, bed really comfy and seats are fine. .....

earlier model maybe, and has been changed since. ....

What year is yours? early or late in the year?

On 15/12/2017 at 11:28, smino0_1 said:

What year is yours? early or late in the year?

It was November 2015. .......

• 1 month later...

Just received our cushions back and I must say they don’t appear to feel very different - still quite squishy soft. The creases appear to have disappeared, but this could be because they’ve not been sat on since October. To be honest, I’m a bit disappointed. We are away for 4 nights in Feb so will test them out then, but not feeling hopeful.

24 minutes ago, Glen and Les said:

Just received our cushions back and I must say they don’t appear to feel very different - still quite squishy soft. The creases appear to have disappeared, but this could be because they’ve not been sat on since October. To be honest, I’m a bit disappointed. We are away for 4 nights in Feb so will test them out then, but not feeling hopeful.

Good luck with your replacement cushions, I felt the same last year when we got our replacements back and ended up the same way as the first ones. Never bothered sending them back due to us changing the van in March.

• Like 1

VW Touareg R Line Tech

2018 Buccaneer Commodore