First Trip With Little 'un.

Northerngirl1

Well, the first trip away was interesting. There was never a dull moment. My hubby had generously volunteered to head to the lakes to set up, and we would follow. So, off I heads to pick her up. Have you got the board games?....no don't have any now'...eh? you had loads a few weeks ago!...I don't know where they are. ... i thought, remembering what everyone had said on here about having games to entertain herself. Have you got something to keep you busy in the car?....No. ...double it's not going great.

Just get on to the A69 from the A1, how long will it be? she asks. So by the time i get to Warwick on Eden, my ears are nearly bleeding she's talked so much. Anyway, we get there, excited screams and sorting out. Don't go on the grass - it's soaking and like a bog, yep you've guessed it, straight on there. Made up her bed, it's great. Bah - she moved around so much the whole van was shaking. Showering went fine. She had no major hassle though she did get very wrong for forcing the bathroom door open and closed when it was locked. And why the hell do kids feel the need to draw on steamed up windows? Anyway by saturday night, we'd been on the go since 7am we are shattered. Right we're going to have an hour to ourselves to watch the cycling, you read the mag we bought you. Sit quiet?, read mag, you and uncle Malcolm not paying attention, even though I've been the centre of attention all day?? oh no no no, you will take notice of me! RIGHT enough sit down and read quietly please. .....of course Malcolm relented. ...why did i bother!!!

So on the whole she managed very well. I was exceptionally brave and towed back on my own with Malcolm following me. There was either some precision maneuvering or near misses on 2 occasions, depending on how you look at it. 1 when i left the site - who the hell decided it was a good idea to mark the junction with a massive bloody flower pot. 2 - when i came into the storage yard - forgot to swing out a bit, but i didn't hit anything. Didn't appreciate the cross wind on the A69 either. I was feeling smug getting on to the bridge which is narrow at Warwick on Eden, then FGS! a massive bloody tractor appeared - I'm not kidding I literally briefly closed my eyes and physically squished myself in the car seat - how the hell that was going to help i have no idea. Anyway we passed each other with no problems, and i felt proud managed to fly solo. She wants to come away with us for a year. .....erm!!!!

Well done, sounds like you had fun and the good thing is you could give her back at the end of it. ;)