2017 Pastiche 565 Warranty Work

Glen and Les

G&L - I think our back boards are the same as yours and they creaked from new.   We removed ours (4 screws per side)  and put strips of flock-faced Fablon on the bits that touched the wall.   No more creaking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crannoghome said:

G&L - I think our back boards are the same as yours and they creaked from new.   We removed ours (4 screws per side)  and put strips of flock-faced Fablon on the bits that touched the wall.   No more creaking.

We did a similar thing on our previous VIP, but the problem this time is that there’s too much flexing of the board between the supports - we’re going to get the cushions done first then look at the seat back boards again. Another CT member has sent us details of what he has done so we may give his idea a try.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

'Fully Sprung Upholstery' is still on the  Lunar website for 2018.   I just double checked.

Our last caravan, a Hymer, had really rubbish foam cushions which we decided to change at 2 years old. We went to Regal Furnishings who took out the old cushions and made a complete set of new cushions, foam and material, and it cost us about £800,  BUT, it was the best money ever spent because the medium density foam lasted us for the following 8 years and still looked as good as new when we sold it last year.

Regal Furnishings asked us what kind of foam we required and whether we liked soft or hard foam, what weight we were, and then recommended the correct foam for us.

I know it might seem expensive but it’s better than keep to-ing and fro-ing to a manufacturer who doesn’t seem to quite have a handle on what is the best for the End user. .....Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

1 hour ago, peterjohn said:

Our last caravan, a Hymer, had really rubbish foam cushions which we decided to change at 2 years old. We went to Regal Furnishings who took out the old cushions and made a complete set of new cushions, foam and material, and it cost us about £800,  BUT, it was the best money ever spent because the medium density foam lasted us for the following 8 years and still looked as good as new when we sold it last year.

Regal Furnishings asked us what kind of foam we required and whether we liked soft or hard foam, what weight we were, and then recommended the correct foam for us.

I know it might seem expensive but it’s better than keep to-ing and fro-ing to a manufacturer who doesn’t seem to quite have a handle on what is the best for the End user. .....Peter

I think we may be doing the same within the next year even though the caravan will still be within its warranty.   I have no faith in Ozio and we knew this when we bought the caravan.

Edited by Durbanite
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, peterjohn said:

£800 might seem expensive, but when you consider a motor mover and a decent awning can cost in excess of that, I consider that to be reasonable especially if you plan on keeping the van. I'm built for comfort, so for me that's the number one priority. ☺

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Llew said:

£800 might seem expensive, but when you consider a motor mover and a decent awning can cost in excess of that, I consider that to be reasonable especially if you plan on keeping the van. I'm built for comfort, so for me that's the number one priority. ☺

Its a good suggestion as it would be cheaper to replace the Ozio with a better filling as replacing a caravan less than a year old is going to cost us. As for the warranty, well it would only apply to the seats.

On 01/12/2017 at 07:48, peterjohn said:

Thanks.   I have bookmarked their website for future reference.   Like you we do not want any to-ing and fro-ing.

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

Thanks.   I have bookmarked their website for future reference.   Like you we do not want any to-ing and fro-ing.

They also have a stand at the NEC during show week - I particularly noticed them this year!

• 2 weeks later...

We now have a date for the caravan to go back to the dealers for the window to be removed and resealed - 16th January. It took such a long time to get to this point that we’ve book the 1st service to be done at the same time. Fingers crossed nothing else will come to light! So, cushions get returned on 15th Jan, van in to dealers on 16th Jan for a couple of days - result! Roll on a trouble-free, caravanning 2018.

2 hours ago, Glen and Les said:

We now have a date for the caravan to go back to the dealers for the window to be removed and resealed - 16th January. It took such a long time to get to this point that we’ve book the 1st service to be done at the same time. Fingers crossed nothing else will come to light! So, cushions get returned on 15th Jan, van in to dealers on 16th Jan for a couple of days - result! Roll on a trouble-free, caravanning 2018.

Good luck Glen, lets hope they are better at servicing the van than their customer services 

• Like 1

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Forgive my naivety (and/or wishful thinking) but when a widely known, longstanding  and acknowledged problem such as the Ozio one exists shouldn't there be a recall procedure?

Do we know if the upgraded/heavier duty materials are being introduced on production lies in the near future?

Perhaps we should give fair warning of a potential future claim to our dealer now  (tongue in cheek) - we took delivery of a new Coachman Vision 575 in September and it hasn't been used yet due to my spine being held together with "meccano" and more recently having a prosthetic right shoulder and upper arm.   Oh, and we also tow with a 2015 Kuga.    So I'm following this thread with interest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

Forgive my naivety (and/or wishful thinking) but when a widely known, longstanding  and acknowledged problem such as the Ozio one exists shouldn't there be a recall procedure?

Do we know if the upgraded/heavier duty materials are being introduced on production lies in the near future?

Perhaps we should give fair warning of a potential future claim to our dealer now  (tongue in cheek) - we took delivery of a new Coachman Vision 575 in September and it hasn't been used yet due to my spine being held together with "meccano" and more recently having a prosthetic right shoulder and upper arm.   Oh, and we also tow with a 2015 Kuga.    So I'm following this thread with interest.

I don't think the caravan industry are on the ball with recalls like the car industry, (Pity). When I spoke to Sam at Leisure Furnishings to have my seating refilled under warranty, he said they would be using a more dense filling, we were due to be using the van over the Christmas period but like you I recently had a back operation and are now unable to drive until next week and feel it is too soon to tow so have booked to go away in January next year as I feel enough time will have helped with the healing process, so will know better when it has been used, I can confirm that when the seating was returned the wife thought it was firmer than the original when it was returned to the van in storage. So may be they have amended the filling material 

Edited by kiaboy
  • Like 1

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

It's good to know you have a result.   Clearly the manufacturer has alternative materials/methods to address issues arising.  Your thread has proved very informative.

I hope your post-op recovery goes well.     Although I am making reasonable progress (there was really no choice regarding surgery) we won't be doing anything until March/April.  Best wishes.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2017 at 05:26, PaulR said:

'Fully Sprung Upholstery' is still on the  Lunar website for 2018.   I just double checked.

Yep sat in our 2018 Clubman ES now. Just the bench seat bases though. One of the main reasons for another Lunar ES was the seating

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

13 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

It's good to know you have a result.   Clearly the manufacturer has alternative materials/methods to address issues arising.  Your thread has proved very informative.

I hope your post-op recovery goes well.     Although I am making reasonable progress (there was really no choice regarding surgery) we won't be doing anything until March/April.  Best wishes.

Thanks, I hope you are back to full strength soon and enjoy your first trip out

Hi All

just keeping track of this topic re cushion replacements. We have a VIP 575/4 2015 and we too are experiencing soft collapsed cushions, and I was wondering if the warranty from LF will still apply.  

Purchase date was April 2015

PapaT

Mercedes Benz GLC 250d Sport, towing Coachman VIP 575 2018

58 minutes ago, PapaT said:

Hi All

just keeping track of this topic re cushion replacements. We have a VIP 575/4 2015 and we too are experiencing soft collapsed cushions, and I was wondering if the warranty from LF will still apply.  

PapaT

Warranty is 3 years from purchase date when new for soft furnishings see page 110 of your owners manual for all warranty periods, so you will need to put your claim in and approved before April 2018

HTH's

Edited by kiaboy

2 hours ago, PapaT said:

Hi All

PapaT

As kiaboy says - but you need to get your dealer to register the claim first. Once it’s registered the upholstery company will deal direct with you.

Glen.

On 18/12/2017 at 08:25, Easy T said:

Yep sat in our 2018 Clubman ES now. Just the bench seat bases though. One of the main reasons for another Lunar ES was the seating

we have just been to view the 2018 Clubman CK and intend to order after the holidays. Pleased to read you are happy with the seating it was my first test was to bounce up & down to test the springs.

On 12/21/2017 at 08:08, PaulR said:

we have just been to view the 2018 Clubman CK and intend to order after the holidays. Pleased to read you are happy with the seating it was my first test was to bounce up & down to test the springs.

What springs? it is foam. We have just received our refilled cushions back from LF and a phone call from Sam in LF's warranty dept explaining what they had done. Pleased with the feel of the "new" cushions they are much firmer so much so that my feet are now 4" off the floor whereas before I could touch the floor when sat on the seats!!!

Regards and merry Christmas to all.

20 hours ago, dbn said:

What springs? it is foam. We have just received our refilled cushions back from LF and a phone call from Sam in LF's warranty dept explaining what they had done. Pleased with the feel of the "new" cushions they are much firmer so much so that my feet are now 4" off the floor whereas before I could touch the floor when sat on the seats!!!

Regards and merry Christmas to all.

PaulR is referring to springs in the Lunar Clubman cushions. Glad you’re pleased with your refilled cushions - hope we feel the same when ours are done, although 4ins off the floor seems a bit too firm! 

Seasons greetings.

• 3 weeks later...

All systems are GO! Big bag just delivered to pop the upholstery into ready for collection on Monday and van to dealers on Tuesday for service and window refitting. First outing for 2018 is 19th Feb, so we could have a trouble-free van by then! I will report back.

7 hours ago, Glen and Les said:

All systems are GO! Big bag just delivered to pop the upholstery into ready for collection on Monday and van to dealers on Tuesday for service and window refitting. First outing for 2018 is 19th Feb, so we could have a trouble-free van by then! I will report back.

Hope all goes well Glen.

We are going to test ours out from 16th Jan  for 8 nights. .

• Like 1

Cushions collected yesterday, van taken in for 1st service today & refitting of the window. Praying that it hasn’t allowed any water to leak into the van - no doubt we’ll find out when we pick it up tomorrow. Keeping everything crossed for a good result!

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.