United British Caravans

ian dunning

Hi all,

I recently I made a few visits to UBC in Wide Open and noticed that all Compass and Swift new stock disappeared almost overnight. I asked what had happened and was told that they had all been sold! What every last one and a yard full of Bailey left? If true then it is a sad situation for Bailey if they didn't sell any.

I know what I think but I was wondering if anybody knew any information on the situation?

By the way I have no axe to grind with UBC as they have recently done very well by me during warranty work.

Could a dealership have bought a job lot of Swifts for resale?

Or are you suggesting something more sinister?

HappyTourer

I'm not suggesting anything I'm asking a question.

regards,

Ian

Bailey do not like (allow) their dealers to sell other makes. Could be the dealership has become a Bailey dealer only.

My local Bailey main dealer is also main dealer for Swift.

Interesting. The dealer where I bought my current caravan had their Swift franchise removed because UBC persuaded Swift that they could sell more caravans. My dealer now sells Compass vans. Personally, I wouldn't touch UBC with a bargepole - suffice to say my warranty experience with them was somewhat different to Ian's.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

A large number of caravans suddenly disappearing seems a bit odd. Happened at a dealer near us a few years back. Being a bit nosey,I popped in and asked a fellow sitting forlornly at a desk in an empty showroom what was happening. He said the lease had run out and they were looking for new premises,which wasn't entirely true as it transpired they had gone under and were just keeping going doing the outstanding service and repair work. Our nearest Bailey dealer also sells Swifts. There seems to be two levels of Bailey dealers,those who sell them exclusively seem not to make the 500 odd pounds delivery charge.

Hi All,

Just noticed the post.

We sold all of our Elddis, Buccaneer, Sprite & Xplore models a some time ago with just a couple of 2017 Swifts left. It has been a very busy year!

We are now starting to receive the 2018 ones through for Swift, Sprite, Eccles, Elddis & Buccaneer.

Bailey Caravans work a little differently. They don't change the caravans every year like the others so there is no need to completely sell out. We also sell a lot more Bailey Caravans than the other brands. There is a new Unicorn model and we have all 8 currently in the range on site now.

Sorry if you have been upset John M. The dealer you refer to doesn't exist any more! Not quite sure what you were told, but we have a longstanding relationship with Swift. We have also sold a lot more than they did. Compass was only supplied for one year by them. If we can put right whatever went wrong then we will!

Our website has now been updated and we have a large range of caravans on site with more arriving every week,

This year we are offering Bailey, Elddis, Buccaneer plus Swift. Swift now includes Swift Eccles (Formerly Sterling) and Swift Sprite (Formerly Sprite) as Swift Group have undergone a re-branding exercise. We also have Swift Challenger, Conqueror & Elegance.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. The dealer where I bought my current caravan had their Swift franchise removed because UBC persuaded Swift that they could sell more caravans. My dealer now sells Compass vans. Personally, I wouldn't touch UBC with a bargepole - suffice to say my warranty experience with them was somewhat different to Ian's.

John M

I was sorry to see Cramlington Caravans gone, i got my van from them just last year and found the service was great. Andrew and Chris were smashing.

I was sorry to see Cramlington Caravans gone, i got my van from them just last year and found the service was great. Andrew and Chris were smashing.

Had Cramlington Caravans service my last caravan earlier this year and was disappointed with two dents in the battery door.

As always not everyone happy.

Had Cramlington Caravans service my last caravan earlier this year and was disappointed with two dents in the battery door.

As always not everyone happy.

Oh blimey - that's not great like!!