I've given up on the twig aerial on my Compass Rallye and I'm getting a status aerial fitted. Has anybody else done the same? I've been quoted £260 fitted which I didn't think was that bad, I'm not a slave to the t. v when we're away but it'll be good to be able to watch it and not worry about not picking up the channels! I just need confirmation that this won't void the warranty!

Went the other way. ..Twig is best aerial I have ever had.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

You should be OK, the Explorer Group gave up on them a while ago and now use a Teleco directional which is essentially the same as a Status. I had the Avtex whip on my previous Elddis Affinity changed to the Teleco one (under warranty) and it worked brilliantly.

As long as you get it fitted by an authorised repair centre then your warranty will be OK. To be completely safe then you could always get the Teleco fitted and then it will be the same as the Explorer Group use at the factory.

http://www. support-telecogroup. com/telecogroup/teleco/en/products/directional-antennas/TELEPLUS-X2-39U. asp

Mark.

Bailey Unicorn 3 Barcelona

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 7 seater

+1 for Teleco. Reaches the signals that others don't.

• Like 1

. .....still feel like that some days. :) But not when D4 is hooked up to Commodore.

I had the Teleco aerial fitted by my supplying dealer at its first service last year when I mentioned the poor reception on the twig aerial. Cost £170 and works perfectly.

• Like 1

It will and my full technical explanation of why a directional aerial will always work better than an Omni in low signal areas turned out to be one of my greatest "tumbleweed" moments.

. .....still feel like that some days. :) But not when D4 is hooked up to Commodore.

I've given up on the twig aerial on my Compass Rallye and I'm getting a status aerial fitted. Has anybody else done the same? I've been quoted £260 fitted which I didn't think was that bad, I'm not a slave to the t. v when we're away but it'll be good to be able to watch it and not worry about not picking up the channels! I just need confirmation that this won't void the warranty!

£260 . ..... Ouch

I left the twig where it is and bought a standard directional (house style) aerial and a mast which fits to the gutters. £50 all in, just have to connect it to the external socket. Also bought a signal strength meter to help direct it perfectly. Having said that I find the sat dish has worked better so far.

£260 . ... . . Ouch

I left the twig where it is and bought a standard directional (house style) aerial and a mast which fits to the gutters. £50 all in, just have to connect it to the external socket. Also bought a signal strength meter to help direct it perfectly. Having said that I find the sat dish has worked better so far.

I did the same sort of thing. We now take a Log Periodic Aerial mounted on a mast clamped to the jockey wheel assembly and it works just fine.

John. :)

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

I did the same sort of thing. We now take a Log Periodic Aerial mounted on a mast clamped to the jockey wheel assembly and it works just fine.

John. :)

Understand why you went down that route, but each to their own, I'd rather not cart and store another bit of kit hence why I forked out for a fitted aerial.

• Like 2

Understand why you went down that route, but each to their own, I'd rather not cart and store another bit of kit hence why I forked out for a fitted aerial.

I felt exactly the same. .. when it’s pouring with rain the last thing I want to do is go outside and fit an external antenna. Much easier to just raise and align a Teleco or Status from inside the caravan. A log periodic will always work better, I guess it’s just down to how important TV is to you. I haven’t found a site yet where the Teleco or status doesn’t work perfectly but I found plenty where the Avtex performance wasn’t acceptable.

Mark.

• Like 1

Bailey Unicorn 3 Barcelona

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 7 seater

• 8 months later...

Cheaper to get the new maxview precision dish than have the vision plus fitted, that's my next move the twig on my 2014 Coachman VIP 460/2 has never worked, get a better picture with coat hanger

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

Twig. ..after 10 'vans best aerial we have ever had.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530