Summer Holidays Over

Halohodge

At last the summer hols are over so I can get back on the road, got one trip planned soon, hopefully a quite site, I didn`t escape, had to take the grand kids away, I do have 5, took 2 to Unity Farm for a few days, made me pleased I am a member of the CMC, don't get me wrong, Unity Farm is well run and pretty clean for such a large site but isn`t my cup of tea, they were pack in like sardines especially the tents so personally was pleased to get away, must be my age. ??

Wish I could get off caravanning, no time I'm afraid, either I'm working or she is or it's a Bundesliga home game weekend (I have a season ticket) or my daughter has something on or someone's invited us somewhere etc etc.

Might get 1, maximum 2 more weekends away this year. We're 'fair weather' campers too, well I am, going camping in the rain reminds me of when I was on exercise in the Army, grim!! :)

Yea :D. Going away for a week next week to Barnard Castle, then a few days in October to Clover Fields in Buxton. Then we take the stuff out of the caravan and its bye to the caravan until next March. Am already looking for next year's trips.

Off to Sheringham in October, then that's us till February.

We've finally managed to find a suitable seasonal pitch for next year, our first, very happy.

Edited by Simple Life

We have one more week booked at the end of October, then our van is put to bed until next March/April.

We are off on Sunday for a couple of weeks - it's great when the kids all go back to school :) .

We did do our duty and have our two week stint with the two little'uns at the end of July though and we had a great time down at Normanhurst Court near Battle. Very civilsied, not too many children and they were all impeccably behaved

Loads of time left until the short break we usually take after the New Year rally until early March.

Nothing planned this month with the van as we have a couple of hobby related events on the continent to attend, but then we are off to south wales for 10 days in October, a week somewhere in November unless the boss decides to book something cheap and hot, and then we'll take long weekends each month through to April/May. Only time we dont take the van out is the summer.

Guest LeicesterLad

Youlgreave C&CC site Thu/Tue- Beech Croft Farm Tue/Mon, weather doesn't look good but will be nice to just chill in beautiful surroundings.

Happy caravanning,LeicesterLad.

Pull out on Sunday for a couple of weeks. Firstly at The station camp site Carrog, for some train time. Then the Adventure Overland Show Stratford.

At least three other trips sorted before we put the caravan to bed on 31st December, and get her up again on 1st January!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

We plan to stay at Camping Larribal (Millau) in the Midi Pyrenees, for the next three weeks. Heading then, via two night stops, not sure where yet, to Bahia de Santa Pola, just south of Alicante. Next, on 1st January to Nuevo Camping, La Herradura, Costa Tropical, for the rest of the winter. Not sure what we're doing next year; we kinda make it up as we go along.

Edited by Flying Grandad

Weekend away with our niece - first time we've had a little human in tow! I got loads of advice form this forum about dealing with her. ..LOL One more week in Derbyshire - then nothing until march 2018 onwards. ...sad already, but looking forward to choosing hols for next year. ...woo hoo

A week in Shropshire from Friday, a weekend in a field off EHU at the end of September, and the Mrs has just mentioned she would quite like to go away for Christmas so will have to look into that!

Dreading November, van into dealers for some warranty work, hope it's out by New Year. Until then, apart from EFC home games away every weekend, gardens a tip but hey you only live once!

No home game in the Bundesliga this weekend, the weather looks 'ok' on Saturday and its only an hour away so we're going here this weekend:

https://www. bestcamp. com/campingsites/the-netherlands/limburg/campsite-gulperberg-panorama

Never been before but its got an indoor pool for the Mrs and my daughter and as long as I can go cycling I'm happy.

Just hitched up at the storage site, its stopped raining too. Just nip to the garage now, check the tyre pressures, then back home, I'll put the gas, bbq and beer in, she'll put in 400 Kg of stuff we won't/don't need, then offski!

:D Such Fun!

Edited by Borussia 1900

Thanks for your input, we are off next week, few days at Woodhall Spa visiting relatives then down to Grafham Water for airshow at Old Warden and Bletchley park near Milton Keynes, cant wait.

Yea :D. Going away for a week next week to Barnard Castle, then a few days in October to Clover Fields in Buxton. Then we take the stuff out of the caravan and its bye to the caravan until next March. Am already looking for next year's trips.

OOOO love Cloverfields, we are there for the second time in a couple of weeks - can't wait. We've stayed over Barnard Castle way last year - Leekworth. .. it was OK, a bit of a difficult place to get to!

Just booked our last trip of 2017, 3rd week in October at Bunree CAMC to revisit Ardnamurchan point & take a trip on the Jacobite express to Mallaig. Fingers crossed for some clear weather.

We spent last weekend at 'Panorama Camping Gulperberg' in South Limburg, very nice.

just checked the weather for this weekend and its forecast 21 degrees and sunny on the Dutch coast and as we're away at Dortmund on Saturday I think we'll be heading off again :)