Sign in to follow this  
IanAud

Al-ko 2 Ton Jack Brackets

My last van had an AL-KO 2 ton jack with inner and outer jacking brackets fitted to the chassis. Before trade in I tried to unbolt the brackets to transfer onto our new van but could not get the bolts to budge so had to let them go with the van.

I have now bought some brackets but they are only the outer brackets (the one the jack engages with). Will they be OK without the inner brackets or do they need to be fitted as a full inner / outer pair?

Bearing in mind they would only get used in the event of an emergency wheel change.

Edited by IanAud

Thanks. I should have mentioned the weight of the van is 1500Kg.

At 1500 kg, I presume that it is single axle. The AlKo Jack which is marketed as a single axle kit has only one bracket each side. The twin axle kit has the two brackets per side. Your single bracket per side will be adequate for the weight of your 'van.

• Like 1

Again, thanks. Indeed the van is single axle. I concluded myself,based on the bracket options AL-KO currently provide, that the single bracket would be OK but just wanted some reassurance.

If I can pick up some cheap inner brackets at some point I will buy them.

I fitted the single brackets to our 1600kg plated van. Before we had the mover fitted I lifted it frequently with the Alko jack (scissor, not side-lift) to align for the Alko wheel lock without any issue - other than with me overheating on warm days.