Auto Changeover Regulator With Butane And Propane Bottles

I have a Truma auto changeover regulator off my previous van.

I will at some point fit it to my new van. As I have at present a Calor 6kg propane bottle and a Calor 7kg butane bottle would it be OK to have both bottles connected to the changeover regulator at the same time?

I am switching over to propane from butane as we use the van in winter. I have a good 3rd of a bottle of butane left and would like to simply fit the changeover regulator connect both bottles and when the butane runs out (and switches to the full propane bottle) exchange it for a 6kg propane bottle. I already have the appropriate pig tails (2x propane and 2x butane).

Is there any technical / safety issue in doing this auto switch from one gas to the other whilst an appliance is running and consuming gas?

No. The regulator will never know.

Ern

Correct - no problem.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Thanks for the replies.

I thought this would be the case but thought I'd check just in case there was some weird potential for trouble, as the gas switches from one to the other, at the appliance burning the gas.

No problem but is it worth buying a butane hose for a few kg of gas if you are changing to propane ?

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

He already has two of each pig tails ;)

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Forgive the daft question. If you have two bottles connected, and the device automatically changes from an empty to a full one, does this mean that you could end up with both bottles empty . ... or is there an indication as to the levels in the bottles to prevent you arriving at the situation where all the gas is used

Edited by mw3230

Yes it could mean that - a visual check shows which cylinder is in use so just check regularly.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES