Sign in to follow this  
PandR

Caravantalk Classified Ads

I'd like to hear some experiences of the classified ads section.

Has anyone successfully sold any items in it - it's not clear whether items get marked as sold or not.

Reason I ask is I've just listed a pair of fantastic Quest Elite Ragley chairs (complete with side tables), a pair of Lafuma chairs and a Kampa double storage unit hardly used.

Am trying to clear out our garage so come and grab yourself a bargain!!!!!

I didn't have any luck selling a new awning, I sold it almost instantly on the Caravan Club classified page.

Yes, both buying and selling. But must be remembered it's a number limited audience.

John

Sold my awning

no luck here. Facebook shop and gumtree have worked though. both free.

I have sold on here, but if they are not sold in a time frame they are taken off so you need to re-advertise.

I sold an awning on CC site, but got hit by loads of scammers so beware on there.

I have bought and sold on here. What annoys me is when an item is sold the advert is not removed.

I think they stay on the CT site for 90 days and they are FREE!!

If an item sells, sometimes people can't end them for some reason. If that happens, then just message a Mod or Admin and they can be removed. I helped The Wandering Lancastrian put his beloved Volvo up on Classified. Then 5 days later I wanted a V70 as a tow car and he had sold it!

So the classifieds do work.

Best of luck.

I've had plenty of requests to remove adverts on sold items, it makes the classifieds for easier for everyone if we're advised that they're no longer for sale :)

I have sold (and given away stuff on there). The adds used to appear on the forum recent posts pages but no longer.

• Like 1