its not there thanks

This covers the original Tucson http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/page/towcar-reviews/_/hyundai/tucson-r384

this the renamed iX35 http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/page/towcar-reviews/_/hyundai/ix35-r226

The current Tucson is renamed back from iX35 so similar.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

I used to tow with one (2005 model) and i found it ok but definatly not 5th gear going up any incline.

I believe that the max tow was 1600kg (not 100% sure on the new models) and with your coachman being 1635kg mtplm

i would check before buying

I did tow the Unicorn with it 1565kg mtplm

edit for typo

Edited by wiganian

Yes, the car is a 16 plate 4x4 2. 0 litre 185hp automatic, and the caravan is a twin axle 1800kg.

Car tows well, no problems with stability or power. No self levelling suspension but the back end seems pretty firm to be honest and doesn't seem to have much bounce in it. I would say it seems a little more fussy about how the van is loaded unlike the antara we had before but that's more a criticism of me than the vehicle! Without the van on the back, if you put it in sport mode it's pretty spritely for a diesel.

The 4x4 is always worth it for us - we are always on fields, the Tucson has diff-lock mode as well (bearing in mind it's on standard hankook tyres) and has dragged us out of some pretty muddy sloping fields that I didn't think we'd get out of so quite impressed on that front.

About 30mpg round town, 35-38 on a run, 22 towing

I did test drive the lower powered version and thought it was quite gutless so I'm not sure I'd want to tow anything with it unless it was a small caravan.

Things I don't like? The blasted iPod controls are infuriating, there's not enough bass on the stereo, on FM the radio doesn't display track/artist information, the USB connection isn't hidden away somewhere it's in plain site in the mid console, no parking sensors on the front (it's a lease car so couldn't do anything about it) but has sensors and a camera on the back!, no auto wipers! And the interior is old school plastic, I'd have thought they would have gone with the soft touch dash and door caps in this day and age.

Not sure I'd pay the thick end of 30k for one but it's comfy enough, pretty economical and does the job

We've had two, a 2004 2. 0L Diesel - brilliant tow car, no problems at all. Second one, 2009 2. 0L, absolutely terrible. Pulled the van ok, but the 75kg noseweight in the new model made it feel like it was doing a wheely. Had to change as outfit very unstable but our own fault for not checking weights properly before purchase.

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

What's the kerbweight sleepy. Curious as we are towing the same weight

The Practical Caravan test states that the diesel Auto version is 1,690 Kgs.

85% would give figure of 1,437 Kgs.

Edited by Guest

What's the kerbweight sleepy. Curious as we are towing the same weight

Here you go:

2. 0 CRDi 185PS Diesel 4WD Automatic

Luggage capacity VDA (litres) - seats up* 488

Luggage capacity VDA (litres) - seats down* 1,478

Kerb weight (kg) 1,615 - 1,779

Payload (kg) 471 - 635

Gross vehicle weight (kg) 2,250

Max tow weight (kg) - Braked 1,900

Max tow weight (kg) - Unbraked 750

Gross train weight (kg) 4,150

Noseweight (kg) 100

Max roof weight (kg) 100

Fuel tank capacity (litres) 62

Here you go:

2. 0 CRDi 185PS Diesel 4WD Automatic

Luggage capacity VDA (litres) - seats up* 488

Luggage capacity VDA (litres) - seats down* 1,478

Kerb weight (kg) 1,615 - 1,779

Payload (kg) 471 - 635

Gross vehicle weight (kg) 2,250

Max tow weight (kg) - Braked 1,900

Max tow weight (kg) - Unbraked 750

Gross train weight (kg) 4,150

Noseweight (kg) 100

Max roof weight (kg) 100

Fuel tank capacity (litres) 62

Thanks for that. Not sure I'd have quite enough allowance there for the 4 of us, plus 100kg noseweight and all the garb in the boot.

Even with top weight of 1779, you're over the 100% marker. Not saying it's an issue, just wondering how stable it is. (Mine is close to 100% and it's really stable - 1854kg v's 1800kg

Thanks for that. Not sure I'd have quite enough allowance there for the 4 of us, plus 100kg noseweight and all the garb in the boot.

Even with top weight of 1779, you're over the 100% marker. Not saying it's an issue, just wondering how stable it is. (Mine is close to 100% and it's really stable - 1854kg v's 1800kg

I don't suppose we have a great deal of weight in the boot any more, I took some of the stuff out that used to sit in there all the time. I think the antara was a fairly high ratio as well but was also stable so I thought I'd risk it, this as you say is over the 100 but has been fine on the roads when passed by the loony white van sprinters etc, I did notice it was a bit more prone to a bit of rear bounce if I wasn't careful loading the van properly on a couple of occasions for short trips which just reminded me to do the job properly! Not sure if the lack of self levelling suspension comes into play there or not.

I don't try and make any great speed when I'm towing and it's always felt quite planted and safe - we've had the Tucson for about 18 months now so it's had a fair trial in different conditions.

I don't suppose we have a great deal of weight in the boot any more, I took some of the stuff out that used to sit in there all the time. I think the antara was a fairly high ratio as well but was also stable so I thought I'd risk it, this as you say is over the 100 but has been fine on the roads when passed by the loony white van sprinters etc, I did notice it was a bit more prone to a bit of rear bounce if I wasn't careful loading the van properly on a couple of occasions for short trips which just reminded me to do the job properly! Not sure if the lack of self levelling suspension comes into play there or not.

I don't try and make any great speed when I'm towing and it's always felt quite planted and safe - we've had the Tucson for about 18 months now so it's had a fair trial in different conditions.

Nice review. Appreciate the honesty. It's something I've looked at and maybe it will be one for the future