Pegasus 4 Locker Seals

Leakypalermo

Hi all. I've noticed the foam seal around the external locker doors has started to shrink. I wasn't convinced they would be up to the job and am concerned they will start leaking. Can anyone else with a Peg 4 have a look at there seals for me? Mine is a year old, they're not leaking yet but I feel it's only a matter of time?

Thanks

Simon

I thought that the seals were made of rubber and not foam. Mine are ok on a year old Rimini as long as you do what it says on the locker doors and lubricate the rubbrs with silicone spray. Do you mean the foam that seals around the locker against the caravan wall? Mine have not shrunk. The foam seals have been made like this for many years so (hopefully) should be a proven way to stop water ingress.

Edited by radiomike

AFAIK most of the external lockers are Dometc or Thetford and they've been making them for donkeys years, so it's unlikely that your van has anything different to the other half a million or so vans out there.

Get ready for the leaks one of the three different leaks I had was under the bottom bunk on my 2016 Ancona

Thanks for the replies. I understand the main seals are rubber and I lubricate them regularly. There is a seal around the frame of the door and the caravan wall, on mine this is definitely foam. This is what I'm referring to 😊

I've just treated mine with silicone, none of the rubbers are shrinking/leaking, we had some squally weather at night whipping up.