Sign in to follow this  
Borussia 1900

Caravan Salon In Dusseldorf

What I believe is Europe's biggest Caravan & Motorhome Show is on at the Messe in Dusseldorf from 26/08/17 - 03/09/17. I've been a few times and it really is enormous.

Flights to Dusseldorf are very reasonable or its a 5 hour drive (towing a caravan) from Calais or 3 hours from Rotterdam and you can pitch on-site.

Well worth a visit if you're looking for somewhere to trip off to (Dusseldorf is always worth a visit)

https://www. caravan-salon. com/

• Like 2

I can confirm that the show is indeed enormous and well worth visiting. We went some years ago and stayed at Rheincamping Meerbusch, which is on the river slightly out of the city but with good tram links to the exhibition centre.

It's usually the first show of the year with new models being unveiled .

We should learn from them . ....dogs allowed I think .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Restaurants, pubs, shops, theme parks etc etc, dogs are welcome in most places in Germany

Not sure why one would want to take a dog into an enormous leisure vehicle show, unless it was checking out its sleeping arrangements! :D;)

• Like 1

We should learn from them . ... . dogs allowed I think .

Dave

Dogs on leads at that show or any such environment are a menace. Last year one woman with four large dogs was creating chaos. It's not sensible nor safe in such a large, crowded environment.

I'll there again this year. . As a member (free) of the Caravan Salon Club I get a two day ticket for €8 with free travel to and from show within the greater Dusseldorf area and use of the members lounge. I gave up on sites near Dusseldorf two years ago and now use a hotel with breakfast for €40 night.

If anyone is interested for next year this is a link for free membership in German and a translation

https://www. caravan-salon-club. de/formular. php

http://tinyurl. com/yc8r3wys

I don't take my dog to such shows but if I did she's certainly not a menace. I'd argue children, drunken adults, mobility scooters etc are much more of a menace and even the anti-dog UK doesn't ban them from events :rolleyes:

No such thing as badly behaved dogs, just incompetent owners :P

• Like 1

No such thing as badly behaved dogs, just incompetent owners :P

Amen to that! :D;)

Just in-case anyone else decides to visit, if you have bought a ticket for the exhibition it entitles you to use all standard fare public transport (buses, trains and trams) for free, not just in Dusseldorf but the entire Bundesland (state).

This is normal in Germany, for example if Monchengladbach are playing football away in Dortmund which is 60 miles away I can travel there and back for free with my match ticket. .......brilliant!!!

Just in-case anyone else decides to visit, if you have bought a ticket for the exhibition it entitles you to use all standard fare public transport (buses, trains and trams) for free, not just in Dusseldorf but the entire Bundesland (state).

This is normal in Germany, for example if Monchengladbach are playing football away in Dortmund which is 60 miles away I can travel there and back for free with my match ticket. . . .. . ..brilliant!!!

That's amazing. Imagine buying a ticket to the NEC and getting free travel from (say) Cornwall thrown in! :)

This is normal in Germany, for example if Monchengladbach are playing football away in Dortmund which is 60 miles away I can travel there and back for free with my match ticket. . . .. . ..brilliant!!!

A Düsseldorf show entry ticket is restricted to free return travel between the show and your accommodation within the Rhein/Ruhr regional travel area (VRR).

A day ticket for Düsseldorf area trams and buses is €6. 80

The Düsseldorf hotel I use, along with a number of others, provides the day ticket free of charge.

The two Düsseldorf camp sites are basic at €30+ night. Lörick site I wouldn't recommend.

Rheincamping Meerbusch is the better site but operates online booking only.

It can be very crowded at show times and gets muddy after rain. Toilet blocks are (were?) portakabins raised 1. 5 m off the ground.

http://tinyurl. com/y7t8nwtf

Show ground camping is. ..............https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=mBBHqc7JyLc

Sign in to follow this