Given that the Sky box only draws about 8W whether on or off (by remote) is it worth worrying about?

Definitely not!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2017 Coachman Pastiche 565.

Given that the Sky box only draws about 8W whether on or off (by remote) is it worth worrying about?

Where do you get that figure from?

Certainly older boxes drew a LOT more than that when in standby. .. to power the RF2 and magic eye. ..

http://helpforum. sky. com/t5/Archived-Discussions/What-is-the-power-consumption-of-my-new-Sky-HD-box-in-standby-mode/td-p/550440 suggests it's nearer to 40W most of the time.

• Like 1

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

No doubt Sky will be along shortly with an offer for you to return.

Just called them to cancel, best they could offer was £20/mth for the family pack (I think) as I like Sky Atlantic but no F1 - I can get the same for £7 from Now. tv, meaning the F1 coverage (which is very good) was costing me £28 a month (currently paying £35). I don't like the F1 *that* much.

Takes a month to cancel . .. I expect I'll hear from them with a better offer at some point before then.

Just called them to cancel, best they could offer was £20/mth for the family pack (I think) as I like Sky Atlantic but no F1 - I can get the same for £7 from Now. tv, meaning the F1 coverage (which is very good) was costing me £28 a month (currently paying £35). I don't like the F1 *that* much.

Takes a month to cancel . .. I expect I'll hear from them with a better offer at some point before then.

Actually Now TV has just gone up to £8 (7. 99) per month.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

When Freeview became fully watchable in our area I rang to cancel our membership and was offered a full family and film pack for £12 something for 3 months which I accepted. Just before the end of the term I rang again to cancel and they they offered a further 3 months for the same. Again I accepted and then rang again just before the end of that term, but the previous offer wasn't repeated so I cancelled anyway. Never regretted it. I know there are hardly ever any newer films available on terrestrial any more, but there are better options than Sky.