Sign in to follow this  
sampvt

Touring Scotland

You appear to have a car and caravan. What's wrong with using the car? How the heck can you carry the weight of a scooter?

You appear to have a car and caravan. What's wrong with using the car? How the heck can you carry the weight of a scooter?

Sorry, my fault, I forgot to update after selling the caravan.

Sorry, my fault, I forgot to update after selling the caravan.

No worries. Those VW campers are quite nice. I didn't think they had a great enough load capacity either though for carrying a scooter on a rear frame. You would be much better with a scooter if possible, so that you can meander around the little roads.

Might have a problem finding a place called Larne in Scotland though.

No worries. Those VW campers are quite nice. I didn't think they had a great enough load capacity either though for carrying a scooter on a rear frame. You would be much better with a scooter if possible, so that you can meander around the little roads.

Hardly a small vw camper. she copes very well with the weight

post-53758-0-06934800-1507005973_thumb.jpg

Edited by sampvt

Smashing wee Scooter for battering about the B Roads . ... Mind yer Parka. .... "we are the Mods, we are the Mods "' !!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the sites between Arisaig and Mallaig, not too far from Fort William. Our favourite is Invercaimbe and it's right on the beach about 2 miles from Arisaig. We were pitched on both occasions that we have been there, about 3 yards from the golden sands. The sunsets are spectacular over the islands.

Another shout from me for Glencoe. Probably the best non coastal scenery in Scotland. I also love the Glenmore site on the way to Cairngorm from Aviemore. It's on the side of Loch Morlich and is lovely. Water sports available on the loch, may be dependant on the time of year though. It's only a few miles from Cairngorm mountain railway.

Wherever you go enjoy!

• Like 1

Hardly a small vw camper. she copes very well with the weight

Very useful camper. Small enough to get round those little roads with ease. The scooter looks brilliant and is also ideal for touring.

Great outfit. That's a beautiful part of the world which we visited last year in April. We stayed on Caravan Club sites and had the best UK holiday we've had for years. We don't particularly like CC sites but as we weren't sure of things decided to play it safe. Next time I would go on the smaller sites of which there are plenty. We were in Scotland for a month, mainly on the west coast. The train ride from Fort William to Malaig is nice. We had superb fresh Scallops in the pub garden at Malaig and will never forget that.

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the sites between Arisaig and Mallaig, not too far from Fort William. Our favourite is Invercaimbe and it's right on the beach about 2 miles from Arisaig. We were pitched on both occasions that we have been there, about 3 yards from the golden sands. The sunsets are spectacular over the islands.

Another shout from me for Glencoe. Probably the best non coastal scenery in Scotland. I also love the Glenmore site on the way to Cairngorm from Aviemore. It's on the side of Loch Morlich and is lovely. Water sports available on the loch, may be dependant on the time of year though. It's only a few miles from Cairngorm mountain railway.

Wherever you go enjoy!

You are absolutely spot on about Mallaig and Arisaig. I used to deliver to Mallaig for the Co Op part time. Must be one of the most picturesque roads in the world. The Jackobite Railway was voted No1 in the world for the most scenic railway route. Stayed at the White Sands many years ago. We have made a conscious effort to try and by pass Glencoe village but every time we get near Invercoe Caravan Site the tug and van just automatically turn right and take us to the site. ...

Cant explain it. Sea loch, mountains, friendly locals, usually good weather :lol: and now Ballachulish boosts in having one of the finest Bar/Restaurants The Laroch for food for miles. Guinness is outstanding as well. .. ;)

• Like 1

So where is Glencoe CC site located then ??

So where is Glencoe CC site located then ??

No CC Site in Glencoe BC. C&CC site on the left about a mile from the Glencoe village coming from Glasgow. Stayed once . .. Nah . .. :rolleyes:

. .............even the birds don't sing in Glencoe. .....bit like Auschwitz I'm afraid. Lovely place though.

geoff

. ... . .. . .. . .. . even the birds don't sing in Glencoe. . . .. . bit like Auschwitz I'm afraid. Lovely place though.

geoff

:blink: Auschwitz ! Auschwitz ! Hawd Oon ! Hawd Oon ! Ships. .. Deary Deary Me !! They orrable Campbells only slaughtered 38 Mc Donalds in Glencoe. 960,000 people were murdered in Auschwitz. Bit over dramatic SB but yes very spiritual, peaceful and maybe as you suggest a bit chillingly mysterious . ... :unsure:

A few round Inverness, then going anti-clockwise it's Dornoch, near Wick and nothing until Ullapool http://www. drivelpg. co. uk/i-have-lpg/find-a-filling-station/

I would ring them and check they have what you want before travelling as I have found the website a bit hit and miss as not upto date . It shows about 3 garages local to me that all stopped Autogas about 5 years ago .

Dave

Sorry. ....not the massacre but the last three times in Glencoe never a bird singing.

geoff

Sorry. . . ..not the massacre but the last three times in Glencoe never a bird singing.

geoff

It's not the terrain for songbirds - unless you include the squawks of Golden and White-Tailed Eagles.