Sign in to follow this  
stevew1

Brittany Ferries

Just looked on BF website & 2018 timetable is finally there, well it is for Portsmouth/ Bilbao anyway .

• Like 1

Just looked on BF website & 2018 timetable is finally there, well it is for Portsmouth/ Bilbao anyway .

Just booked !!

• Like 1

All booked leaving spain beginning june 2018 leaving uk end of august 2018. Perfect. no hassle low prices.

• Like 1

Bookings opened later this year. Last year I was booked by the 8th July - but all done now and only 10 quid more than last year.

• Like 2

Caravan Club not able to book yet as downloading prices.

Just as a matter of interest do you save much by booking this early or is it just for certainty ?

Just as a matter of interest do you save much by booking this early or is it just for certainty ?

Not sure you save anymore by booking early its just that all the best cabins seem to go very quickly,but then again depends on the time of year you want to travel. Just came back after 5 weeks from Spain and France,hoping to go even longer next year.

Are you all booking with Brittany Ferrys or Caravan Club? We need to book tomorrow.

Caravan Club system now up and running. just booked over the phone as I took advantage of the Camping Cheque deal. Hard to believe but it is £40 cheaper if you take 5 Camping Cheques, so even if you don't use them you are still better off. Crazy but true.

Much cheaper booking through Club than direct with BF.

Best deal on Portsmouth - Caen is going out on the afternoon boat and come back from Caen on the 8. 30am ferry.

Edited by ascsbe

2018, we have not had our 2017 holiday yet

• Like 2

Not sure you save anymore by booking early its just that all the best cabins seem to go very quickly,

Yes - that's true - all the cheapest cabins go first. But if you are taking a dog, cabins that will accommodate a dog, or if you want to book a kennel, they go very quickly. Time doesn't seem to alter the price whether you book early or late. As regards booking through the clubs, it's swings and roundabouts. Sometimes it's cheaper through the clubs but at other times it's dearer. For me, it's BF website every time. If you suddenly need to amend a booking, if it was done through a club, the amendment must be done through the club. Too bad if you need to amend during a weekend.

• Like 1

Yes - that's true - all the cheapest cabins go first. But if you are taking a dog, cabins that will accommodate a dog, or if you want to book a kennel, they go very quickly. Time doesn't seem to alter the price whether you book early or late. As regards booking through the clubs, it's swings and roundabouts. Sometimes it's cheaper through the clubs but at other times it's dearer. For me, it's BF website every time. If you suddenly need to amend a booking, if it was done through a club, the amendment must be done through the club. Too bad if you need to amend during a weekend.

Agree jaydug. It was cheaper direct with bf than via the cc for the summer school holidays. Factor in the club voyage element too, it brings it down nicely. Maybe out of peak season it works the other way and is cheaper with the cc.

Remember, any of my friends on the forum who would like to drop me a pm for the bf discount code if not already with club voyage please let me know

• Like 1

I signed up for their Club Voyage 30% discount facility this year. Can this be applied if booking through the C&MC or is it just valid on direct bookings with BF?

I signed up for their Club Voyage 30% discount facility this year. Can this be applied if booking through the C&MC or is it just valid on direct bookings with BF?

Just direct

Are you all booking with Brittany Ferrys or Caravan Club? We need to book tomorrow.

I've booked with Brittany and received my Club discount.

I priced the Caravan club and their quote - for the ferry alone, excluding cabins - was much more expensive than the Brittany Ferries price. I think the CC claims to be cheaper but they do not seem to be able to compete with Brittany Club discounts

• Like 1

I've just done a comparison BF vs CMC for a return to Bilbao in February 2018.

CMC is £66 cheaper than BF, but I'm not a Club Voyage member.

If I used Milkymarsh's BF discount code I would save 10% on ferry costs, which would mean CMC would only be £19 cheaper than BF

If I was a Club Voyage member then I could save 30% of the ferry cost but I assume this doesn't apply to cabin cost - so this would be a saving of approximately £142, which means a net saving of £76 versus the CMC.

However, it costs £100 to join Club Voyage Spain, with a £120 annual membership so a total of £220 in year 1.

This means I would have to do this sort of crossing 3 times in the first year to equal the CMC cost - unlikely IMHO.

Edited by onewheelonmywagon
  • Like 1

On South Coast crossing Caravan Club with the Camping Cheque offer and certain crossings was nearly 200 pounds cheaper than BF website price.

Just booked Feb out May back dog friendly cabins £70 cheaper than last year direct BF with club voyager discount

If I used Milkymarsh's BF discount code I would save 10% on ferry costs, which would mean CMC would only be £19 cheaper than BF

I wouldn't count on saving 10% of the ferry cost. I've been using members' codes for the past five years and I've never reached 10%. Today's booking was £300. ....... Discount -£18. 50. ...... Plus the cabin charge. ...... That's approximately 6% - not that I'm complaining. As they say "Every little helps"..... :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know why BF charge extra if you have a rear bike rack fitted to the motorhome, when you incorperate this in the vehicle length. I was charged an extra £9 on my booking from Plymouth to Santander 5th November and an extra £13. 50 on my return journey from Bilbao to Portsmouth in Feb next year.

We have to book early to get a large kennel for the dog. He is too big for a small kennel.

If we can,t book a large kennel we are stymied. As the family will not go without him and my days of driving

through france are long over. Hey ho if it,s not one problem it,s another.

Does anyone know why BF charge extra if you have a rear bike rack fitted to the motorhome, when you incorperate this in the vehicle length. I was charged an extra £9 on my booking from Plymouth to Santander 5th November and an extra £13. 50 on my return journey from Bilbao to Portsmouth in Feb next year.

In answer to my original post. Having contacting BF, they inform me that the extra charge for having a bike rack with a bike attached, is the carriage charge for the bike. Whatever next!!

BF inform me that the extra charge. ......... is the carriage charge for the bike.

Doesn't make sense. Two years ago I emailed to ask about a roof load on the car when I also had a caravan attached. They replied, "As long as the car and its roof load isn't over the allowable height for the caravan (2. 6mtrs) then there will be no charge and no problem at check in."

Managed to move my booking to next year as not to lose my deposit I had paid hoping to travel this year.

Club voyage helps with crossings too. As a member, I am happy to receive a direct message If you would like to use my code. Send me a PM and I will get back to you.

I like the ferry crossings- find them very relaxing!

Thanks

Rob

Edited by RobJS
  • Like 2

Doesn't make sense. Two years ago I emailed to ask about a roof load on the car when I also had a caravan attached. They replied, "As long as the car and its roof load isn't over the allowable height for the caravan (2. 6mtrs) then there will be no charge and no problem at check in."

The plot thickens. BF emailed me saying that its the carriage charge for the bike. ..so there's nothing I can do about it. I certainly dont want to put the bike inside my motorhome as its rather cramped for space.