Sign in to follow this  
milkymarsh

Drainage Support Pegs For Mains Drainage

For those of you who use mains drainage hook up, I have recently found the below hooks that should support any drainage hose/pipes quite nicely. With them being screw in pegs, you should be able to create a nice fall to the drainage outlet. They are also only just over a pound each too. Mine came from

Malaysia, ordered on Saturday and arrived today!

Hope this helps

post-41311-0-32016100-1501012456_thumb.png

• Like 1

For those of you who use mains drainage hook up, I have recently found the below hooks that should support any drainage hose/pipes quite nicely. With them being screw in pegs, you should be able to create a nice fall to the drainage outlet. They are also only just over a pound each too. Mine came from

Malaysia, ordered on Saturday and arrived today!

Hope this helps

What would you call them if searching for them on the internet?

What would you call them if searching for them on the internet?

It is a bit bizarre. If you search using the following terms "y shape holder fishing" you will find them. I got them off eBay if it helps
  • Like 2

It is a bit bizarre. If you search using the following terms "y shape holder fishing" you will find them. I got them off eBay if it helps

Funnily enough I tried rod support!!!

• Like 1

Not bizarre they are screw in rod rests for fishing.

Edited by Mogwyth

Only Fisherfolk would know that

• Like 2

Not bizarre they are screw in rod rests for fishing.

But perfect for drainage pipes when away in the van. We are off to France on Sunday, so will post a pic once in situ. Fingers crossed they do the job
  • Like 2

Just what I've been looking for. How long are they?

Just what I've been looking for. How long are they?

Circa 8 inches

post-41311-0-27016400-1501019255_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Only Fisherfolk would know that

And daughters who's dads fished !!!!!!

• Like 2

Circa 8 inches

I'd better get my order in before they go out of stock, Thanks Milky for the tip, I look forward to seeing them in action,

• Like 2

Better to look at than the 6pt & 4pt milk bottles I use! I fill them half full of water for ballast, lay them flat & find they work very well. You might have to tie the waste pipe onto the hook as they look quite flat.

I have only been on two sites where pitches have provision to dispose of grey water on the pitch by means of a grey water drain.

I will be on one of those of the sites for five nights from Thursday. For personal reasons I will not use the drain as it is intended to be used. I will simply empty the Wastemaster into the drain as and when needed.

The pipework, whether rigid or flexible introduces an additional trip hazard to the pitch. At my age, personal safety comes before convenience.

I am aware of one site with serviced pitches where the drain is located with the EHU and fresh water supply right at the front of the pitch creating more than one trip hazard. :(

Is that one in your area?? ;)

Is that one in your area?? ;)

It could be though I have no intention of naming. :o

I have no idea what you are inferring. :unsure:

Perhaps I should have written "I was once aware" ;)

You appear to have a very good memory, assuming that you are alluding to what you seem to be.

Better to look at than the 6pt & 4pt milk bottles I use! I fill them half full of water for ballast, lay them flat & find they work very well. You might have to tie the waste pipe onto the hook as they look quite flat.

Elastic band?

• Like 1

My plan was to twist the metal up a bit to create more of a U

I shall get some of these for when my waste pipe has to leave the side of the van. For the side of the van, I will still use my favoured awning skirt cut-offs.

Good job I have a good supply of cut-offs - everywhere I go I seem to give 1 or 2 away

Look good but will they be of use on some of the hardstandings where nothing short of explosives and a sledge hammer are needed to get pegs into the ground?

Most of the fully serviced pitches I have stayed on have been hardstanding. Stroud Hill in Cambridgeshire is the only one (I can recall) where we have been on grass with a tap and grey water drain on pitch.

Look good but will they be of use on some of the hardstandings where nothing short of explosives and a sledge hammer are needed to get pegs into the ground?

Most of the fully serviced pitches I have stayed on have been hardstanding. Stroud Hill in Cambridgeshire is the only one (I can recall) where we have been on grass with a tap and grey water drain on pitch.

Already one step ahead of you on this one. If it needs dynamite to break into the ground, just screw the pegs lightly into the wooden chocks you have for the steadies and they will be upright and supported on the hardstanding. My job tonight to make aome more up
  • Like 2

Circa 8 inches

Ah but, how long are they when they're screwed in?

Ah but, how long are they when they're screwed in?

Depends how far you want/need to put it in the ground. ...

On a gravelly hardstanding of the sort I'm used to, 4" would probably be enough. And the 4" left above ground should also be enough. Anyway, that's my theory, so I'll give 'em a try. I like the neatness, and that the pegs would be small enough to fit in my box of plastic pipe connectors, bends and reducers that I bring to cope for any eventuality. If they work - great. If they don't, I've only spent a few quid.

Either way, great post from Milkymarsh. Thanks.

• Like 2