Sign in to follow this  
kiaboy

Contact Thetford Thought It Would Be Simple!

As I was having problems with my flush pump I decided to remove it and check it out the noise has stopped for now, but felt it would be a good idea to buy another as a spare/replacement if it decides to give up while away, I noted the code number to enable me to buy one when I returned home, but found I could not get the same ref number pump, so I decided to email Thetford

Hi

I hope you can help, I have a Thetford C262 toilet and the pump in my 2015 Coachman Caravan has started to play up, so I have removed it to check and record the part number, this is marked on the body of the pump – 21944, but looking at the replacements available I keep getting - 16374 as the only number available.

Could you please confirm if this is the new number available as a replacement?

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Kind regards

It looks like this question has baffled them, as they have read the email (tracked) but have not replied, I wonder how I can resend the email in a different way so they can understand and reply. .... Any suggestions please ???

You could try the contact form on their website https://www. thetford-europe. com/thetford/contact/

You could try ringing them https://www. thetford-europe. com/thetford/offices/ or emailing the address on that page

Or you could try speaking to Leisure Shop direct or another spares retailer. By the way, 16374 doesn't list the C262 as one of the models it is suitable gor on the Leisure Shop Direct website

If your van is 2015, the loo is probably still under warranty.

If your van is 2015, the loo is probably still under warranty.

It is, but as the dealer I bought it from is over 2 hours drive away, then return, it is cheaper for me to buy, than take the van back up there, and as I have cleaned and refitted and is working at the mo, they will want the "faulty" pump back for claiming, this dealer is not as "friendly" as the previous dealers I have bought from. That's why I would never buy from a dealer at the NEC who is so far away next time, (first and last time TBH)

As I have emailed Thetford using their direct email address, I was expecting at least some reply and maybe "as your van is only 2 years old we will send you a new part direct".... may be I was expecting too much. Not the end of the world

You could try the contact form on their website https://www. thetford-europe. com/thetford/contact/

You could try ringing them https://www. thetford-europe. com/thetford/offices/ or emailing the address on that page

:Thankyou:

This is the email address I sent it to, but now sent it via the website from your first link, I will see now if this stirs any technical help ;)

They don't answer e-mails. Your loo is under a 3 year Warranty ( even if it was a replacement 'fresh-up type).

You look on their website for the local Thetford Service Centre,it doesn't have to be selling dealer at all, take the offending item to said dealer,along with the bar code sticker from the waste container ideally take the whole unit. . . .they should be able to deal with it from there.

Stress should, I have had a opening valve break and a local dealer managed a replacement in a week. . . I have had things like reed switches go and be told by other dealers that they were not covered. . .

geoff

Edited by shipbroker
  • Like 1

A bit cheaper than Leisure Shop Direct and that listing confirms it is suitable for the C262

As my op the part number on my pump is 21944, but looking at the replacements available I keep getting - 16374 as the only number available.

Your link shows the manufacturers part number as 16374. That is why I have been asking the question, so no wiser

I have read on Internet that Thetford changed the pump outlet diameter so need to know which pump I need

Edited by kiaboy

The eBay one is marked for your pump model.

So if it doesn't fit then you can return it for a full refund. The seller is a business seller so no problem.

You want to join up and become a "Thetford Friend" that does not help either as I know

Folks I can suggest phoning them, my fridge was days out of warranty when the gas igniter went requiring a complete new circuit board at £200 ish, After a phone call they agreed to replace under warranty with no issues so long as a service centre made the claim.

It so happens that my supplying dealer is a Thetford CC and have arranged it for fitting Monday. I get the impression though that the central number is staffed by one or two staff who are busy.

Jiffy. ..you were lucky to get through at all. ....when I did they referred me to their website. ..but,as said above, through their service centre a good result was achieved.

geoff

I live a fair distance from my dealer and when things have gone wrong I phone and ask them what to do and so far I have had the mobile engineer out, even one time on site as we were away. This has also happened with my previous 'vans, as sometimes when things go wrong with the appliances they are happy to send the trained engineers out to me.

I live a fair distance from my dealer and when things have gone wrong I phone and ask them what to do and so far I have had the mobile engineer out, even one time on site as we were away. This has also happened with my previous 'vans, as sometimes when things go wrong with the appliances they are happy to send the trained engineers out to me.

I have had no problems with the fridge repairs under warranty as this has been dealt with by my mobile AWS, but I do not think that they would send out someone for a toilet pump, :) hence sending the email direct, I do wonder why they have these contact details on the websites, when they have no intention of answering, as I said, I know the email has been read, its just ignorant to ignore a genuine request for information TBH and not good customer service ;)

on 3 different caravans over the years, I have had a hob, an alarm and the fridge fixed on site and I have also had a fridge fixed in storage. I have also asked the dealer if I could have a job done at my regular service chap. These have been different dealers for different caravans. My advice, take it or leave it is to phone your dealer and ask if they could give you a number of a mobile engineer to fix your problem.

Finally received replies from my emails.

They have suggested it may have been a problem with their IT and forwarded my complaint on, and apologised for the delay, anyway they are sending replacement pump and sticky decal :)

Result. .......

:Thankyou:

Excellent. ..and the pump isn't difficult to install. ..Even I managed it!

geoff

Excellent. . . and the pump isn't difficult to install. . . Even I managed it!

geoff

Yes indeed, I found its definitely easier to get out than the other type that is removed from inside the waste tank compartment. :)

Pump and sticky decal arrived today by UPS, in a cardboard box that could have fitted 12 pumps :o A job for when we are away in a couple of weeks time. .

Do they actually have an Email address please?

Cheers

26 minutes ago, Maverick777 said:

Cheers

Yes but they don't answer very often......they rely on having a large number of service centres i.e. dealers, around the country who either have the spares or can give you the information you may need...in my case Ropers at Catterick were able to source a whole new blade assembly in three days free of charge, as it was within three years of purchase on a 'fresh-up' kit....

geoff

Cheers

What is their Email address please?

34 minutes ago, Maverick777 said:

Cheers

What is their Email address please?

Read Geoff's post above yours and contact a service centre

Their email address is

infogb@thetford.eu

But it is not likely to be of help except if you want to purchase their products.

This is their Premier Service Centre that is near you

Auto-Master

Unit 3, Llyna Farm Llanharry Road

CF72 9DB,Pontyclun

United Kingdom

T 01443 222234

www.auto-master.co.uk

Thanks. It’s not to purchase.....hopefully. But we have a 2015 Bailey Unicorn fitted with a Thetford Caprice MkIII double oven, someone previously has managed to remove a large proportion of the graphics on the backplate showing the heat settings.