Sign in to follow this  
windowwatcher

Nemesis Ultra Wheel Lock

Hi again.

We've settled on an Eriba Triton GT with Automotive Leisure and while sorting things out we're wondering about security.

On our Bailey we used the Alko wheel lock which was fine by us so we're wondering if anyone has any experience of using the Nemesis Ultra wheel lock on the Eriba.

We have used the Nemesis wheel clamp in the past which was like a weight lifting exercise but the Ultra looks pretty good.

Best regards

Tombo.

I bought one but it wouldn't fit my caravans alloy wheels, the recess where the wheel bolts go through is too deep for the supplied adaptor, I bought it on-line from Towsure but took it back in person to Towsure in Sheffield and exchanged it for the heavier, more robust Nemesis Fullstop.

I only use it when I'm in the UK, I don't bother in the rest of Europe

I have the nemesis Ultra. It's a really easy and light weight device to fit.

Occasionally you may have to re-position the wheel to get it to fit properly, but I have only had to do this twice.

You have to fit the correct wheel bolt replacement and the correct number of washers for the lock, all explained in the instructions, but after that fitting takes seconds, as does removal.

It easily transferred from my Orion to the Pursuit, but I did have to do the fitting bit all over again, which takes a few minutes.

For the time being, until Photobucket block the photos, see here: http://inspirebte. yuku. com/topic/540/Slight-Paranoia-Over-Security

• Like 2

I have the nemesis ultra . The only problem I have is the new van came with plastic indicators on the bolts to let you see if they come loose. Sometimes I have to just pull those off or waggle and shove the lock closer apart from that no problem with alignment whatsoever

I bought one but it wouldn't fit my caravans alloy wheels, the recess where the wheel bolts go through is too deep for the supplied adaptor, I bought it on-line from Towsure but took it back in person to Towsure in Sheffield and exchanged it for the heavier, more robust Nemesis Fullstop.

I only use it when I'm in the UK, I don't bother in the rest of Europe

Is that the norm on the continent or are you just brave?

I have the nemesis ultra . The only problem I have is the new van came with plastic indicators on the bolts to let you see if they come loose. Sometimes I have to just pull those off or waggle and shove the lock closer apart from that no problem with alignment whatsoever

Is that the norm on the continent or are you just brave?

Nobody uses Wheel Locks on the continent (only Brits on holiday)

You have to fit the correct wheel bolt replacement and the correct number of washers for the lock, all explained in the instructions, but after that fitting takes seconds, as does removal.

The supplied wheel bolt replacement does not fit all alloys (with or without spacers), the holes are too deep on my Tabbert, I contacted Towsure and longer ones are not available.

• Like 1

The supplied wheel bolt replacement does not fit all alloys (with or without spacers), the holes are too deep on my Tabbert, I contacted Towsure and longer ones are not available.

Could you not get one made to the correct size by an engineering company? It's not rocket science for it to be done.

Could you not get one made to the correct size by an engineering company? It's not rocket science for it to be done.

Probably yes but I bought it when I was visiting the UK and couldn't be bothered with the hassle so I just swapped it for a different type. Like I said, I only ever use it when I visit the UK, no need for it over here.

• Like 1

Guest LeicesterLad

Hi again.

We've settled on an Eriba Triton GT with Automotive Leisure and while sorting things out we're wondering about security.

On our Bailey we used the Alko wheel lock which was fine by us so we're wondering if anyone has any experience of using the Nemesis Ultra wheel lock on the Eriba.

We have used the Nemesis wheel clamp in the past which was like a weight lifting exercise but the Ultra looks pretty good.

Best regards

Tombo.

Enjoy the Eriba WW, we have just picked up a Hymer Nova 580 GL from A/V and traveling from Leicester took up their offer of staying at Wild Rose park ( just in case ! ) does the Triton not come with a Alko wheel lock fitted, if not twist Faye's arm as part of the deal.

Probably because UK Insurance Companies usually require hitch lock, wheel lock and alarm all to be deployed when the van is left unattended.

Didn't go down too well in France when my alarm went off when we were out for the day, and it kept recycling and going off again.

No idea why it happened but just about the whole site were out to "welcome us back when we returned to site!

Edited by hp100425ev
  • Like 1

Automotive Leisure and Adventure Leisure. Different companies different end of the country. Adventure Leisure denied that our Hymer came with an Alko lock, they were wrong! The thread in the receiver needed a bit of tidying up, a job that apparently was beyond their capabilities. Fortunately if you ask Alko nicely they will loan you the correct sized tap.

Guest LeicesterLad

Automotive Leisure and Adventure Leisure. Different companies different end of the country. Adventure Leisure denied that our Hymer came with an Alko lock, they were wrong! The thread in the receiver needed a bit of tidying up, a job that apparently was beyond their capabilities. Fortunately if you ask Alko nicely they will loan you the correct sized tap.

Sorry about that one Fred, ( my idle reading ) !

I use a Nemisis wheel lock, never had to move the 'van to fit it.

They come with 2 wheel bolt adapters and a bunch of washers to shim the lock to get the best fit.

we got the Nemisis full stop lock, , as Keefmac says, the 2 bolts were one for Baileys and one for the rest of us. Once you have fitted the washers, it's done. At the time of purchase I contacted Nemisis as having read the forum replies on it, we were worried that it wouldn't fit as we had alloy wheels. They were very helpful and asked the size of the tyres and which caravan etc. and then told us we were okay. One thing that caught us out was when the 'van went in for service, the tool for removing the bolt was in the car and we were on the other side of town, so we had to return rather quickly so that they could take the wheel off to complete the service.

Does anyone use a Milenco wraith wheel lock?

On 18/06/2019 at 04:19, Jaymc said:

Does anyone use a Milenco wraith wheel lock?

Bought one last week.  Easy to fit, better than our old clamp (and lighter)