Pegasus Ancona 2017

DABenji

Does anyone own an Ancona? I am looking at getting my first tourer and this is on the short list. I am just after any issues or quirks people have experienced, as it's probably going to be new any new buy issues would also be helpful thanks.

There's one review of an Ancona in the CT Review section, albeit the generation before the current model and as from tomorrow maybe two generations before.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Hi,

I have a 2017 (Feb) Ancona. We love the layout as we have two kids.

The only real downside was the condition of the van on delivery from the factory. I did a PDI myself before the dealer and there were several problems. The dealer was great and sorted them all.

Despite some negativity we love the dream sleep system and also find the fridge a massive upgrade from our previous van.

One thing I would say is if you buy one make sure the dealer checks the roof joint and the lower skirt seals as ours was not done correctly at the factory. No water came in but if the dealer hadn't checked them it would have.

Bailey quality control is patchy I think pretty much the same as all manufacturers.

Would I buy another Bailey yes I would as I now know what to look for.

Thanks for the advice, iffy roof joints from the factory seem to be the most common with Baileys to be fair. The caravan my parents had when I was growing up had the washroom in the middle of the van and took away alot of space, I am definitely an end/corner washroom convert lol.

They probably both take up the same amount of space but it depends where you feel the space is more useful. End washrooms leave a clear interior through the van and amidships tend to divide the same space into two defined areas front and back. Central washrooms also introduce a 'choke' point in the middle of the van, which cooks, among others, don't appreciate.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

The end washroom works really well for us. The kids in the separate bunk area also works really well. Although my two girls are getting to a point where the bunks are becoming a problem for them.

I am not sure what the problem is as I can fit in them at 6ft but hey girls seem to know better.

We looked at the Ancona in 2016. We loved the decor and the open feel of the van and the kitchen was a good size too.

In the end we went for a central washroom instead. The reasoning being that it put us further from the sleeping kids and meant that we didn't have to traipse through their bedroom to the loo. The larger second dinette it offered has also been a bonus as we can get all of us round it, including a high chair.

If you are happy with the layout and the dream sleep system, I would say the Ancona is a very nice place to be.

Don't buy one I've got a 2016 Ancona bought brand new what a big mistake. THREE different leaks van back to be sorted time not using it diesel and time off work to take it back,Seven years of caravaning and the biggest mistake ever,try another swift coachman etc

We have had ours for just over 12 months and love it.

There have been some issues with it, namely

It sprung a leak on our last trip at the roof joint. Booked in to be fixed when we get back from France.

Dream sleep cushions slipping forward (new ones are now with the dealer) and will be fixed when the roof is done

Fridge door catch changed (but not until we had spewed the contents of the fridge over the floor in France last year) this also caused damage to the door which again will be changed when the above are done. We also broke a shelf which is with the dealer waiting for me to collect.

It had 2 new wheel bearings when we got home from France last year as the brakes were very squealy and running hot which has helped although they are still a bit noisy.

Whilst the above may seem a lot it has not detracted from our enjoyment and our dealer is very good at sorting them out.

On a final note we have 3 kids and changed it from an original Pegasus 546 with the triple bunk as the bunks were getting claustrophobic, the 2 bunks are great but the eldest has already outgrown the dinette bed as it's not a full length bed so we are having to consider our options after 18 months!

Feel free to ask anything else.

Mike

Also have a 2017(Feb). We love it also especially the layout. Its good to have a childrens room where they can have some alone time. Works well in the mornings when wife and i get up and can leave the children to continue sleeping. . used it twice already and no issues yet.

The dealer was great and sorted them all.

Despite some negativity we love the dream sleep system

Have you had the Dreamsleep 'upgrade' with adjusted back rest and 'rock' hard cushions or are you still on the constantly slipping forward cushions?

I agree re: the Dealer - they're almost as crucial as the van as regards enjoyment if you hae any problems!

Thanks all, given me a few things to watch for, still no closer to a choice lol but it will probably come down to what offer I can get from the dealers.

Have you had the Dreamsleep 'upgrade' with adjusted back rest and 'rock' hard cushions or are you still on the constantly slipping forward cushions?

I agree re: the Dealer - they're almost as crucial as the van as regards enjoyment if you hae any problems!

No dreamsleep upgrade . I don't have a problem with mine .

However coming from a 15 year old van to a new one perhaps I haven't noticed !