Sign in to follow this  
Benchillian

Kampa Air Pro Water Leaks Cured

On 10/31/2017 at 16:10, jjohnd said:

We have owned a Kampa Air Pro 280 for 3 years without any problem but the last time out we had a couple of small water leaks from the seams by the window. Can anybody recommend a sealant please. I have not contacted Kampa yet as the warranty is out of date.

Any good camping / outdoors shop will be able to sort you out.

There are various manufacturers. Nikwax has a good reputation and is very common but there are others, Just read the label to make sure you buy the correct one, and then do as the instructions tell you.

On 04/11/2017 at 15:21, daveat92 said:

Any good camping / outdoors shop will be able to sort you out.

There are various manufacturers. Nikwax has a good reputation and is very common but there are others, Just read the label to make sure you buy the correct one, and then do as the instructions tell you.

Surfboard wax rubbed in or the Isabella reproofer is good

Just received a refund for my Kampa air pro 260 from my credit card company as I thought it was not fit for purpose due to the amount of water pooling on the roof.

Not a great surprise the new 2018 model has had the roof design changed.

alan

Can I use an 12v pump that I use on car tyres . . it has a pressure dial on it ??... But I would have to get some sort of connection

I think the important point to take away from this thread is around the fact that should you encounter an issue with water ingress, Kampa are unlikely to remedy the fault. Not only is the quality 'hit and miss' but if you do have a genuine issue, Kampa customer service cannot be relied upon and is substandard (like some of their products).

I have been through the ringer with Kampa so I speak from experience. A brand new Kampa Ace Air 400 started leaking within 12 months. Now if it rains heavily, water pours in and run along the inside into connecting annex soaking all and sundry.

The great thing about the air awning is the ease in which is goes up - less than 10 minutes to set up but I only set it up when there is a chance of rain (for obvious reasons). Once up it may as well not be because 5 minutes later is leaks.

I could go on about the amount of money I have spent on tests, reproofing but the moral of the story is thus - do your research, you will see that Kampa quality is hit and miss and when you spend £1300 on an awning you expect quality. There are similar products on the market with glowing reviews....my advice is steer clear.

• Like 2