Sign in to follow this  
Critchl

Flush Tank Drain - Where Is It?

I have read a few threads about draining the toilet flush tank; some do it every trip, others for winterisation. My question is: where is the drain on an Amara 380/2? I can find no reference to it in the manual and I have looked underneath the cassette area to no avail. Could someone please give me a clue.

Do you have a tank you have to fill to enable your flush to work? Some caravans have one some others use the generally available water from aquaroll or internal water tanks. If you use the general water supply then just draining down the system works!

If it is a fillable tank, then there will be an "umbilicus" tucked away at the top of the opening where the loo sits (Outside) There is a valve on this, press it and drain. Not always immediately apparent. Our kids called it the caravan's w**ly.

• Like 1

You mean the rinse water tank? If you have got one it's above the cassette, just behind the little door where you fill it. The drain is a flexible hose with a bung in it, which is usually tucked up in the upper part of the cassette compartment. You drain the rinse tank by pulling the hose down, and pulling the plug out of the drain tube.

I think the OP has looked there and so I would guess their van is flushed from the main water tank.

To be fair he said "underneath the cassette" and it's normally across the top of the cassette chamber and requires unclipping.

Not sure how old the OP's van is.

On our previous van (2001), which had a separate flush tank (not from caravan supply) there was no drain. You just had to flush the excess into the waste tank. It was a manual flush.

Our new van has the little pipe and rubber bung tucked in the top of the waste tank locker, as described by others.

Hi,

How do i drain my toilet flush tank on my compass 524 ,2002 model.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Open the cassette door, kneel down and look just under the top lip of the door frame ,, is there a rubber tube with a bung in the end, yours may be slightly different dependent on model.

drain.jpg

Edited by Organman

If you are careful the flush water will drain all over your shoes before you realise.

The hose seems to have been replace with a rubber bung - and yes it does go all over your shoes. You need a jar else as the pressure drops it will fill your cassette bay with pink.

2 minutes ago, WispMan said:

If you are careful the flush water will drain all over your shoes before you realise.

hahahah,   I  like that, I use a small length of redundant aluminium tube to 'divert the flow'  away from my feet.

1 hour ago, Organman said:

Open the cassette door, kneel down and look just under the top lip of the door frame ,, is there a rubber tube with a bung in the end, yours may be slightly different dependent on model.

drain.jpg

Well, so there is! 

I've never looked before, on either the previous or current caravans, but spurred into action by this post, I went out and had a look and there it was, just as in the photo.

I probably will not drain it down though,  as we use the 'van all year and the heating is left on a frost setting when at home, so keeps it from freezing.  But nice to know that I can should I wish to do so.

Posted (edited)

'WE are all glad to help'

Edited by Organman
text edit
  • Like 1

I use a plastic storage box that just fits neatly under the drain bung when the cassette is removed. Fine unless the flush tank is actually full!

The bung is a bit daft as you have to hold it out of the way otherwise the water bounces off it all over the place.  It would be nice to have the pipe illustrated.