Sign in to follow this  
perksm

New U4 Spotted

New U4 spotted
post-57636-0-82910500-1500044372_thumb.jpg Here
post-57636-0-25379700-1500044422_thumb.jpg And here
post-57636-0-12130800-1500044485_thumb.jpg 3

Just got an email from Bailey saying it will be revealed on the 21st but it looks like you've beaten them to it!

• Like 3

Scoop!

I can't take the credit. Someone' on caravaners r us spotted them somewhere fuelling up

Front roof line looks exactly like an Adria . . Rear looks retro and terrible, the black grab handles doesn't do it justice, side profile is very bland, still joints in the roof. If only we had a photo of the underfloor . .lol

Could be a prototype and just for testing.

Edited by Silverback
  • Like 1

Looks very much like a hobby at the rear

Looks like the roof join is still there (above the one with two side windows)

Praying SWMBO doesn't like it. I've only just got this mk 3 to where she wants it.

Oh and if they have copied any of my updates I'll be wanting my design consultation fee. PDQ

Edited by Alan Stanley
  • Like 4

I suppose I should have added that I don't think it looks very nice either, the grab handle on the rear is indeed awful and it looks instantly dated by almost every other caravan in the market - no doubt the Pegasus will adopt the same body too in the next few years

It'll be more modern like the Autograph motor homes is my guess. They have publicly stated they are trying to attract a younger element without loosing the existing. Good trick if you can pull it off.

Interesting

Presumably the twin axle is a six berth fixed bunk model - it looks to be a similar layout as our van, albeit on a TA. Does the gas locker location suggest the kitchen and bathroom are on the same side? if so, that's unusual and suggests a three dinette layout? Unusual but unlikely

If this is a UK van, then that is a departure for UK manufacturers who haven't bothered with the bunk market for a few years.

Those bunk windows (if that's what they are) look huge. I'm not sure that's going to be popular and they don't improve the look of the van. The front looks good

I like it but still enjoying my U3 at the moment

• Like 1

Never been a fan of Bailey's looks, but I thought this looked alright until I seen the photo's of the rear which looks hideous. It will be interesting to see what the interior is like though.

• Like 1

Front running lights still going to be a problem when feeding heavy awnings through rail potential to be knocked off (again)

It looks like black is the new black.

Handy full width rear grab handle, just like Eriba Touring's have had for decades but not in blackkk obvs.

The side windows are those flat jobs mostly sported by upper echelon Eldii and look a bit out of place on a Bailey bod.

'Midships gas locker with window above will be the kitchen area but I'm not sure where the washroom is unless the nearside position of that rear window is an indication that it's in the nearside rear corner.

Belay that.

Both vans have toilet cassette locker and flush water refill below the stylised 'B' on the offside which indicates a central offside washroom.

Both vans have toilet cassette locker and flush water refill below the stylised 'B' on the offside which indicates a central offside washroom.

The existing U3 Cabrera has a central washroom because of the end, aisle bed. I was quite interested in this layout in the U3 until I found out how short the bed was compared to the Vigo.

Not been a fan of recent Bailey offerings,though owned a fair few in the past. Like this one though.

looks ugly in my opinion. i don't like. .... it doesn't fit in with any brand identity they have established.

Looks as though it's got those unsociable windows that people hide behind for fear you may see them. !!

Such a wide angle lens that the prospective is all wrong any way. No doubt I'll be whizzed off to have a look. Personally I'm not a fan of black bits stuck on a white body but I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it.

Outside styling is no where near as high up the ladder with us as the inside and particularly the ergonomics. If they have come up with an end bed I can actually fit on. Without compromising the length of the front seats, I may be tempted. Simplest way for me was to put another 6 in on the length of the body shell. Other likes would be a 1600 kgs chassis and composite floor. Neither of which I expect to see

If it's just a mk 3 with square windows and different decor then I'll be staying where we are. SWMBO permitting of course.

Edited by Alan Stanley

Does this Unicorn have a full GRP front panel or is it just another overlay moulding . . Notice the heavy shaped trim down the side of the outside window with what seems a joint level with the bottom outside right of the window to the lower panel ? . .. Just cosmetic ?

It's going to be a cosmetic 'lay-on' panel as the front of the van is the roof bent over in a curve. The joint is where it meets the edge covering that runs along the roof containing the awning rail.

It has a similar joint at the back where it abuts the rear panel lay-on panel that contains rear lights, number plate, reflectors etc.

It has to be said that Bailey have gradually developed and improved such panels compared to the initial miserable Alutec design stick ons.

So more stick on trims along the outer awning rail edge of the front panel to alter the profile and give it dept. :(

Looks to me like the front upper panel has two matching pano windows to match the front centre window! I do hope there are other features that are added benefits to buying a Bailey. Still wouldn't change our GT65 (at the moment)

Will be interesting to see how they have updated the interior vs the Swift models.

• Like 1

Looks to me like the front upper panel has two matching pano windows to match the front centre window! I do hope there are other features that are added benefits to buying a Bailey. Still wouldn't change our GT65 (at the moment)

Will be interesting to see how they have updated the interior vs the Swift models.

If they are it would make sense for a full GRP front panel, there would be no reason for the "bend in the one piece roof - front panel.

I honestly think the are just cosmetic and again if they are, I can't see the point due to gaps and edges that collect grime and mould.

Edited by Silverback

They look like sun windows, they would be nice. Maybe that's why the awning rail lifts to the same points on the roof edge?

Still not sure about the rounded rear roof!

Why have the high level side lights towards the front? This causes some confusion to vehicles traveling behind at night as if the van goes around a corner, or snakes a bit, it appears as if lights are going on and off. No biggy, but unnecessary.

John