Sign in to follow this  
Weegie74

E1 Fault On 2009 Swift Sterling Europa

Hello all. I currently have a 2009 sterling europa 620 and my nordelettronica battery charger gave up so i went out and replaced it with the Sargent SP100. I also changed my battery at the same time. Once I had connected them all back up I pressed the water tap pump button on my nordelltronica NE190 panel by mistake but as I never connected my external water pump into the water barrel first, an (E1) code flashed up and I can’t pull water from my tap. I checked all the fuses and they are ok. Can anyone give me any idea on what to do next I. E. is there a reset process? Any other suggestions would be appreciated – P. S this caravanning is all new to me so any help would be gratefully received.

As you have the infamous Nordelletronica power system in your van your best bet is to ring and speak to Paul at Apuljack Engineering,

He is the absolute best person to talk you through some tests to establish your problem and is a very good guy to deal with.

http://www. apuljackengineering. co. uk/

Just to put you in the picture regarding Nord items, they are the most useless bits of equipment ever fitted into caravans and were actually bankrupted due to the very high failure rate of their equipment.

Edited by Brecon
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum! :welcome: Pressing the water pump should not cause any problems. Regarding

not getting water from the tap, could you hear the pump running? If the pump is now in the barrel and there

is no water from the tap, try shaking the pump in the barrel as you smetimes get an airlock

• Like 1

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

The Norelectrica stuff had some inherent design faults. Apuljack Engineering know their stuff and know what modifications are needed in order to bring the Norelectrica charger and panel up to scratch. They sorted our charger and panel out on our 2009 Sterling Europa. Steve is a very nice bloke too, very easy to talk to.

Nordelectrica by the way, didn't go broke but stopped trading in that name. They're still going strong.

Ern

Thank you very much for the feedback - I will get in touch with Paul tomorrow and hopefully get this resolved!

Edited by Weegie74