Switchable Led Lights

Hi,

We have just bought a Elddis Affinity 554 and are pleased with it so far. One thing that's bugging us is that 2 switches controls all the led lights including the "mood" lighting. With them on it's like Blackpool Illuminations in there. Has anybody separated the lights out into more switches to get better control over them?

Frazer

Kia Sportage towing Lunar Ultima SE

yes I thought the same and put them on a separate light switch very easy to do . remove the cover that hides all the light wires next to the radio . there will be two that go up into the roof, one is for awning and other is for roof spot lights, cut the green / white wire either side the plug and put into a light switch job done

• Like 1

Honda crv ex 2. 2 manual

elddis 20/6 2017

No warranty to worry about it's just a light switch no different than unplugging a plug . No drilling of walls floors or roofs so why would it invalidate a caravan warranty

Honda crv ex 2. 2 manual

elddis 20/6 2017

• 2 years later...

I have an Elddis 550 Supreme and have took off the cover for the wiring to also do the mod but I don’t have the white plug. The red and white wires are the same and if I disconnect either one the left light turns off but not the right. There is also a plug hanging down from the right hand locker which has power going to it but not plugged in to anything. 

26A600EA-5C2B-4877-89F7-98C1895A3908.jpeg

63D8E2C6-D78A-4C82-85F7-C9E4C556071D.jpeg