Sign in to follow this  
pcvdave

Broken White Cord On Gt65 Centre Window Blind

Hi all, The cord on the panoramic centre window concertina blind (white cord) has broken, is it an easy fix or a dealer repair ? Is the blind easy to remove as the shelves on each side of it overlap the blind at each side. Thank you.

If it is a Seitz blind that most caravans have then it can be a b. ...ch of a job,as many of us know. Some dealers will try to fix,many will say it is a new blind needed. Don't know your model. ..is it an old one?...if new then perhaps a warranty claim??

geoff

Thanks Geoff,

Thought it would be classed as wear and tear, so didnot bother Dealer. Rang them today and they have put in a warranty claim for me, (still 3 months left on warranty). Thanks for the sugestion. Not classed as a repairable item, bit expensive if out of warranty i think. pcv dave.

Thanks Geoff,

Thought it would be classed as wear and tear, so didnot bother Dealer. Rang them today and they have put in a warranty claim for me, (still 3 months left on warranty). Thanks for the sugestion. Not classed as a repairable item, bit expensive if out of warranty i think. pcv dave.

That is what all dealers will say as it is easy for them to fit a new one (more expensive). I fixed mine. it is easy to fix but taking it off and fit it back is the hard work.

Edited by oldboy

That is what all dealers will say as it is easy for them to fit a new one (more expensive). I fixed mine. it is easy to fix but taking it off and fit it back is the hard work.

The white cord on my centre blind has just broken as well. Would like to avoid the £180 cost of a replacement.

I can see what I need to do to remove the blind assembly but would appreciate advice on how to repair the cord once on the bench.

Thanks in advance.

The white cord on my centre blind has just broken as well. Would like to avoid the £180 cost of a replacement.

I can see what I need to do to remove the blind assembly but would appreciate advice on how to repair the cord once on the bench.

Thanks in advance.

Depend where the cord is broken. mine was broken near to the end the was enough to secure it back. when you take the cassette off the wall you will see all the cord is secured by a small screw. if the cord is not long enough just replace it.

Thanks for that quick reply.

My cord has broken half way up the side of the window. Hopefully there will be enough spare but I imagine that the complete cord would be replaceable if necessary.

Hi Hedgehopper

just read this albeit nearly a year on, and wondered if you managed a fix? Reason I ask is that I have just experienced  the same issue on holiday in France and can’t seem to find much online joy with a solution!

take care

Jim

HH not been on the forum since Aug 2017 so let's hope he sees your post.

I had a cord break near to the end where it terminates with a small tensioning spring.   I bought some cord and have had a go at splicing the new cord by using thread to 'sew' it together.   I tried hard to avoid a bulge so didn't knot it together,  So far it seems to have worked.   Didn't fancy trying to replace the whole length of cord as it appears to take a mysterious route!  I did think about splicing the cord and then pulling it back through.