2015 Sorento Advice

Ancona

Currently towing with a 2010 Sorento Kx2, looking to change and found a 2014 Sorento Kx1, can cope without the leather and privacy glass as the rest of the spec is virtually the same.

My issue is it's not got self levelling rear suspension as the last two Sorento's have had it I am looking for advice. Ancona

If it's the face lifted 2014 then it's a totally different beast to drive. SOLO it's Much more car like. Quieter and smoother over the bumps. Our 2010 didn't have SLS and never gave me any concerns. Many others supported this and just as many claimed problems.

The 2014 kx3 that replaced it has got SLS. Towing is much smoother. I can't claim better stability because the last one was never unstable. The new one feels more 'planted' and was well worth the upgrade. As the suspension is different between the cars anyway whether you have SLS or not I can't say what is the reason for the improvement. Probably a bit of both

I held on until I found the kx3. As the toys were well worth having over the 1 or 2. When buying 2nd hand. Took a while though to find it.

i purchased a 2012 without SLS and it was awfull to tow with. purchased the springs and shocks and had them fitted for the return journey, What a difference the car was planted no rolling and it felt loads better with the van on . The garage gave me a 10% discount so i paid just short of £1200 plus fitting for parts .

Mike

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

The title of the topic says Sorento 2015, but OP refers to looking at a 2014 model.

The current model was introduced early in 2015 (mine was registered March 2015).

All now have 7 seats (although the 3rd row seats from mine are sat in the garage roof), and the KX2,3 and 4 have SLS as standard.

Can't fault my KX3 auto, despite a few very minor faults with some of the electronics.

Good car thinking of replacing my 2015 with a new one.

we have a 2014 kx1 just returned from a 2800 mile trip to Germany so this yr it has now towed 7k in all honesty can't fault it. yes it is a little bouncy on the rough Welsh roads but it's never bottom'd out and always felt in total control of the van or anything else that we tow with it