Sign in to follow this  
florencemabel

Swift Power Problem

I have a 12volt power problem in my swift denford caravan. I have lost the 12volt supply to the radio,the aerial amp,and the 12v socket. I assume a fuse has blown but I cannot find any fusebox. The owners handbook says there are 8 fuses but where are they. I removed the esm2 but it is a sealed unit and does not seem to contain any fuses. I have not removed the esm2000 transformer/charger as this looks a bit small to contain 8 fuses. Any ideas

Frustrating isn't, not being able to find a component in caravan, don't ask me how I know :blush: .

But I always find them second time around and after I have opened every door, drawer and cupboard and had a much closer look see.

Usually the illusive item is at low level where we tend to put less effort and time getting right down to have a good look see. :)

Frustrating isn't, not being able to find a component in caravan, don't ask me how I know :blush: .

But I always find them second time around and after I have opened every door, drawer and cupboard and had a much closer look see.

Usually the elusive item is at low level where we tend to put less effort and time getting right down to have a good look see. :)

Sorry I was correcting a typo. Ta.

Edited by Sea&Sand

Being an older caravan, look under the seats at the front - in may be mounted on the back of a vertical board hinged at floor level. The fuses will be the older ceramic bar type.

Thanks all for advice on my 12volt problem. I decided to tackle the problem again. Checked the 12volts from the charger ok. A colour change in the wiring didn't help but finally found the fuse box under the seat 2 fuses blown car type plug in fuses Sorted thanks