Sign in to follow this  
mcbrucer

Anyone Got Any Views On The Outdoor Revolution Europa 380

Hi All,

Its fair to say I have a lukewarm relationship with awnings.

I've frequently stopped bothering with our rally 260 because it just feels like too much faf for a short stay. But so often with the weather in the uk, its difficult to do without one.

Last summer on our hols in Austria, I put up a full size traditional awning which really was a job to do on my own. It has the old fashioned, really heavy poles and I lost a couple of finger nails in the process but anyway, by the end of the holiday we realised that we'd hardly used much more of the space than is afforded to us by the rally 260. A bit more but certainly not enough to merit lugging that thing across the continent.

So anyway, I'm looking for a new awning that needs to be big enough for our summer hols (usually abroad) and small enough / easy enough to not put me off putting it up for a weekend.

Looking around the sites these days and it seems that everyone has a kampa of one kind or another but looking around the interweb, I stumbled across these:

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Outdoor-Revolution-Europa-380-Caravan-Air-Awning-now-649-2017-Model-/122537085580?

Now, I'm pretty sure I've yet to see one in the wild but it does look pretty good and I've always been curious about this particular style of awning versus the typical kampa rally kind that most folk have.

Does anyone have any experience with either this brand or model? How do they stack up against the Kampa offerings?

Cheers!

Although I don't have that particular model I can only recommend Outdoor Revolution air awnings unreservedly, & that's really saying something coming from me. I can usually find design inadequacies with most things but O. R. products are as good as anything else I've tried over the years, & much better than some I could mention. When it comes to air awnings the choice of a good brand is even more important.

Look for these important features on whatever make interests you;
1, plenty of fixed ventilation, condensation is always a problem. You may be surprised by how many are lacking in this basic feature.
2, safety relief valve(s) to avoid over-inflation, ambient temperature changes can cause this. Some brands are well known for being prone to bursting & also difficult to repair (that's why they're cheap).
3, the ability to both remove & repair/replace damaged tubes (not all awnings can do this which means they are scrap!)
4, don't be swayed by a cheap price alone, or the fact that there are a lot of a particular brand about, the two are connected! You're making an investment so buy quality that will last.
5, don't be fooled into thinking any of the pump gauges are accurate, hence '2' is doubly important.

Be very critical & apply the above. Treat it as a once-in-a-lifetime purchase & you wont go far wrong. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks Mick! 

I know its been a while since I posted this but just wanted to circle back and tie it up.  

We went for the Europa 380 in the end and its been great! Had it up for 2 weeks in the summer and didn't have to pump it up again once it was pitched. Also, love the porch bit at the front which became our little seating area in the evenings. All in all, would heartily recommend!

Mine is now over a year old (approx 70 days use with 15 erections) & has not given me any stress at all! It's stood-up to 70mph gusting winds (when others were taking theirs down!) & some very inclement weather. I don't treat it with any special kindness as I bought it to use. not to pamper like some people seem to do.

Hope you continue to enjoy yours.

I have two OR air awnings for my motorhome a Movelite T2 when we use the MH for touring and a caravan awning 420 esprit pro for when we take the car and use the MH as a caravan . I have had good service from them with no issues when I asked for extra spares which they just sent out at no charge .

Dave

Another very happy Outdoor Revolution owner here. Well designed and made products with spot on customer service. An air valve began leaking slightly on ours after almost 3 years. Quick exchange of emails and a couple of spares were in the post, along with spare blow off valves and an installation tool. With no charge. 

I to cannot recommend Outdoor Revolution enough. Having previously used poled awnings this year I've gone for the E-Sport Air caravan awning and it hasn't disappointed. These guys are have a great selection of driveaways including the new 2019 ranges https://www.capitaloutdoors.co.uk/pages/drive-away-awnings

I purchased a 2018 Outdoor Revolution Air Esprit 380 Pro last September at a really good price. Used it once so far in Cornwall and the weather was really bad . It stood up to everything that was thrown at it, All positives apart from the fact that it is heavy to thread through the awning rail probably because the pro has thicker material.

Edited by ascsbe

Had our Outdoor Revolution 3 years now and has stood up to high winds better than any previous poled awnings that used to keep us awake all night with the creaking noises. Totally satisfied with it.