Aquaroll

Mr Ash

Do all Aquarolls have the side connection for when you are on a fully service pitch?

I want to get the parts to be able to run this as my water and waste bottles are pretty old but the pictures i see of them dont show all around the bottle?

What else would i need to be able to do this?

I'm still pretty new when it comes to Caravaning and what stuff i need is best :)

I think Aquarolls always have the middle connection point. Whether other makes do, I cannot say.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

you'll also need the screw in float valve along with 10m of food grade hose pipe complete with the end fittings. a roll of PTFE plumbers tape would not go amiss either.

The standard Aquaroll will have the screw cap in the side and the top. You can buy a spare top and bodge a hole in it for a float valve, or you can buy the whole thing on tinternet (which is easier). You then need a hose with a connector each end - could be a lay flat, also available from tinternet.

Ern

Do all Aquarolls have the side connection for when you are on a fully service pitch?

I want to get the parts to be able to run this as my water and waste bottles are pretty old but the pictures i see of them dont show all around the bottle?

What else would i need to be able to do this?

I'm still pretty new when it comes to Caravaning and what stuff i need is best :)

The 40 litre one does, the smaller (older) 29 litre one doesn't have the centre outlet.

The 29 litre one also has a smaller aperture than the 40 litre one.

Parts required are.

Side entry torbeck valve

Standard garden hose screw on tap connector.

Optional is an aquaroll cap.

Drill out a hole big enough to pass the connector part of the torbeck through and loosely fit.

Screw the cap into the aqua roll and mark the top using anything.

Remove cap and tighten torbeck in place ensuring it is vertically lined up with the direction of the top of the cap.

Now fit the two parts of the tap adapter, you might need some PTFE tape.

Now connect the hose to this and test, if working refit to aquaroll and job done.

Screw fix or toolstation are always good for the parts and a drill bit. Usually less than a tenner.

Be careful with the fittings, because not all water carriers, that look like the traditional Aquarolls, have the same screw thread, we have a blue one, made by Royal, and it is the same thread. We also have the side entry point. Got our parts from Caravanstuff4U.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

The 40 litre one does, the smaller (older) 29 litre one doesn't have the centre outlet.

:goodpost:

The newer 29 litre has the same larger hole, it was only the old type with the small hole.

I have a 40 litre and a 29 litre

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I do have the Whale system how does the second eBay link work

Works for me if you click on it like any link

Edited by Easy T

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Sorry I meant to say how would that setup work compared to the more expensive one

I have what is shown in the second link, my float is a different shape though and came without the flat hose.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Sorry I meant to say how would that setup work compared to the more expensive one

It's a direct hose into the caravan, using a pressure limiter to prevent issues from too high a mains pressure - my Lunar Clubman came with it as standard but made optional for later model years - it's great, much quicker setting up and finishing - the site we were on recently had fitted each pitch's water point with a double outlet so you could still get water to top-up flush tank, for instance.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

I like that idea. Saves room when packing up too.

Cheers for the help