Thetford N112 Fridge Problem 2012 Lunar Quasar

langtoun

Newbie here, wonder if anyone can help. Came back to caravan after four weeks away, fridge not working. The LCD panel is blank, fridge light not coming on, won't power up . Nearest engineer is a long way away. Everything else in the van working fine, fuse in consumer unit is ok. Where should I start ?

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Is it the 12 volt side that is not working? (battery OK?) Is the 240 volt system working?

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hi there

Don't have a multimeter with me, but the rest of the electrics seem to work, both 12v and 24v . I've done a visual check as best I can, and all connections seem sound. The fridge light bulb doubles as a fuse as I understand it and it seems fine. I wondered if the display pcb was faulty would that prevent the fridge coming on at all?

Is it working on anything, gas, 240v, I believe the 12v works the LED's.

Edited by joanie

It won't power up- pressing the wee power button should result in the LCD screen coming on, allowing you to choose your function. Without the screen coming on you can't really do anything - its just dead. Had to come away to go back to work, but will take multimeter when I go back to see if I can detect a twelve volt current at the back where the electrics go in.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update in case anyone has the same issue. Replaced the LCD display PCB (£64), five minute job, fridge back working again. Beer chillin. .

Glad you fixed it. But for anyone else out there some caravans, e. g. my Elddis, have a 12v fuse in the caravan fuse box to power the fridge display, on mine that fues also supports the radio memory circuit.

Chris in Warwickshire, Elddis Odyssey 482 (2008), Mitsubishi Outlander diesel, 2017