Fully Serviced Pitch Problems!

Well here we are in Le Barcares, sat in 29 degrees!

The water pipe to the aqua roll keeps blowing up like a python that has eaten a small child!

Any ideas how I can stop it happening, apart from just turning it on to refill the aqua roll!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Is there an option to turn the pressure down or is it one of those all or nothing taps?

Other than that it sounds like a new hose.

!/- Turn the tap down to a ''dribble''

2/- Take a trip to a local ''DIY'' type store and buy a length of hose pipe to replace what you have.

Jiffy beat me to it :P

Edited by TedNewman
  • Like 1

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Pipe lagging foam but whether it is generally available in Spain :). It might be slightly cooler running under the van but tap off and fill the Aquaroll during the cooler ends of each day is probably the simplest solution or perhaps a reinforced hose if available.

I once had a blue hose freeze and it went from about a 15mm bore to around 25mm. It was petty much useless thereafter as the hose wall had stretched and thinned so much along its entire length.

This post is not intended to suggest you are pedantic or that you shouldn't ever post again.  It is not retaliatory in its intent and I apologise for any offence it may give rise to.

Your hose hasn't eaten a child. It's got too much water in it. Buy another (hose).

Ern

Will reduce the supply pressure to a 'dribble' and we will see!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

I doubt whether turning the tap down will help as it will still reach the same pressure.

it would help if you could shade the hose from the sun. Otherwise you need a stronger, probably reinforced hose.

I had exactly the same problem in Spain, the pipe is now ruined so sorry but just buy another one.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

Had the same problem with a hose I bought from Towsure. Replaced with reinforced food grade hose from I think Leisureshop Direct. It's a heavier hose and never had a repeat of the problem.

John

• Like 1

Had the same problem with a hose I bought from Towsure. Replaced with reinforced food grade hose from I think Leisureshop Direct. It's a heavier hose and never had a repeat of the problem.

John

I too had an exploding (Towsure) hose in the heat of the French sun. Again, on my return I replaced it with a reinforced food grade hose. Not had a problem since. In the short term in your position I'd fill the aquarol morning and night and disconnect the hose from the tap when not actually using it. Turning the tap down won't help. The hose will still be full of water and the expansion due to the suns heat will increase the pressure to bursting point.

First world problems! East solution. .....come up here to Brittany. Since we arrived nerar to Lorient on the south coast this afternoon from the sunshine of the Ile de Re we have experienced water deluging down and, aided by a gusting wind, trying to force itself into the caravan. Pitching was quite an experience!!!