Route From Santander To Portugal

I know it's early. We are looking at going to The Albuferia/Faro area of Portugal in April next year. We will be catching the Ferry from Plymouth to Santander arriving at 12. 15 then hopefully getting to Salamanca for our first overnight stop. Has anyone done this route. We are Looking for recommendations for overnight stops on the way, and any recommendations for sites when we get down there.

Thanks

Les

Edited by Fatles

If you get away from Santander on time, you should be at Salamanca by 6pm. I used Camping Regio. The site is at the rear and side of the Hotel Regio. The site reception is closed during the winter months but camping registration is done at the hotel reception desk. Further on another useful site is Camping Caceres. I doubt whether you'll ever have stopped on a better equipped site, for each pitch has its own toilet and shower room with hot and cold water. There's also free wifi and a restaurant.

Some caravanners leave the A66 at Caceres and head towards Badajoz whilst others continue down to Seville where you'll find Camping Villsom. If you have time to spare there's lots to be seen at each stopover. All the sites and route are detailed in my blog at https://jondogoescaravanning. com/routes-and-sites/ The sites you will need are on route 2.

Edited by Jaydug

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Yup, Camping Regio and Camping Caceres both get my vote as well. We used Regio on the way down and again on the way back up this year.

BH

Jaydug

Thankyou very much for that, there is a lot to read and digest. It looks to be very informative, I will try and get the boss to read it as well.

Blackhart

Thankyou for your reply, there is obviously something good about both of those sites as 2 people have made the same recommendations.

Les

Edited by Fatles

Hi Jaydug

Sorry about not replying before, but have been very busy enjoying our holiday. I have had a look at your link. It looks as though we will be using your advised sites. I found your site very interesting.

Thanks

Les

France is treating us very well especially with the weather.

Les