Bathroom Basin Removal

2wheels

Hi, I have a Swift Lifestyle 530. I want to take out the bathroom sink so that I can do some work behind it. So before I stand on my head in a small space and find I need some more tools. Has anybody done the job and what advice can they give me.

Welcome to the forum! :welcome: What is the layout of the bathroom, as they have been made for

many years, and the sinks may be different.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

As said, could well be very different but the one in our Bailey Pageant had 4 studs & nuts, one at each corner. A bit tricky to get at and really needed a deep socket.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I have managed to find this picture of the bathroom.

Tony

post-85740-0-95056500-1496655180_thumb.jpg

That's similar but not identical to our Bailey. If you could get a mirror and a torch in you'd probably see the fixing nuts round the edges.

Alternatively you could ask whoever services the caravan to tell you - I did this when I couldn't work out how to get the kitchen sink out.

Ian.

• 1 month later...

I have now got pictures of the underside of the basin using a mobile phone and a homemade selfie stick.

It looks like three bolts with wing nuts. Whats the betting they are siezed.

Does sound similar to our Bailey. They were sticky but still possible to undo by hand.

Ian.

• 3 months later...