Isle Of Wight Ferry Terminal Gunn Wharf

We are taking the caravan to the Isle of Wight next Friday with Whitelink on the 9. 00am ferry.

What time should I arrive and is there sufficient room to park up if I arrive there early.

I've done the channel ferry a number of times but never the Isle of Wight with a caravan.

Your comments / advice would be appreciated.

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Been to the Isle of Wight for the last 3 years and on each occasion we got there about 1 hour before our given time and if there's room on the earlier Ferry we had the option to board that one. On each occasion we sailed we went from Lymington to Yarmouth and never had any problems with parking.

Edited by Jamo

Ford kuga ST line 180 bhp 4x4 manual and 2022 Coachman Avocet 520 (Dealer Special)

I always try to arrive at Gun Wharf about 5 minutes after the previous ferry departs. There is little room there if you arrive considerably early. With your sailing, you will hit Portsmouth around the rush hour, so will need your wits about you.

David

Edited by Seaman

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

I always try to arrive at Gun Wharf about 5 minutes after the previous ferry departs. There is little room there if you arrive considerably early. With your sailing, you will hit Portsmouth around the rush hour, so will need your wits about you.

David

Agree. It's a right location and not massive amounts of space. They will try to get you on an earlier crossing if there is room (we managed it last summer). While you wait there is a greggs for your bacon buttie and coffee!