Damp Caravan

newmondeo

Any swift smart HT construction owners out there . I am thinking of changing to one . I am fed up with damp in my van i will not name the make . At every sevice they find dampness it only has a six year warranty and I only have two years left and don't want the hassle after it expires . As my next van will be my last I like to get one that does not get damp

Could your damp van have a horn coming out of its nose?

But I do wish you well in your search

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

HT owner here.

Very pleased with my new caravan, but still too early to give a meaningful review.

Weak link with the HT range appears to be the front and rear GPR panels, which are no different to other caravans fitted with them, they can crack and craze.

Build quality is noticeably improved over the Bailey Unicorn I had, but I miss the stable door and clear shower room window for looking out.

Its a great feeling knowing that any leak will not be absorbed into the floor, but furniture is still at risk.

I also appear to be getting a noticeable improvement in MPG towing, even though the caravan is heavier and longer.

Used the bike rack also to good effect, but front loading has to be done to offset the rear load, 40kg in my case.

Also found the swift command ALKO app extremely useful. :)

For got to mention ten years cover for the first owner only.

• 4 months later...

Hi I am thinking about a Swift 580 with HT construction and liking the thought of 10 years warranty and no wood, but, and  here's the but on reading Swift`s warranty clause in the terms and conditions T&C 12  for 2018 caravans mentions 2 years cover on defects to walls and roof, to me that's most of the caravan.

Before ordering I asked the salesman what this means he could not provide a satisfactory response, so over a week ago  e mailed Swift and am still waiting.

Can anyone throw any light on this matter?

Thanks

Edited by Land
Clarify warranty year

Only the 2018 Elegance is HT now in case you didn't know, Conqueror is only smart plus now after two years being HT models.

I wouldn't worry about the warranty too much as you still have protection against faulty products.

Neewmondeo,

We have an Elegance 570 which is now approaching 3 years old. We have owned 9 Swifts and 1 Bailey Unicorn 1. The last 2 Swifts were a big disappointment with numerous niggling faults and bits dropping off. The Elegance has been in a different league, it is well built and so far fault free apart from the grill which usually takes 4 or 5 attempts to light it. It has been our best van.