Swift Command

Viv Turner

Have just acquired new Classic Doublette (upgraded Sprite) with above electronic (Sargeant) system for controlling electric functions via smartphone. I think I read the instructions thoroughly and have got some of it working but it states ' the system will automatically recognise the heating system in your van and load the correct interface onto your smartphone.' Wrong! This van has a Truma Combi boiler but the iPhone after connection shows it to be an Alde (I wish!!) both when the heating is on and when it isn't so I don't know where to go from there. Our dealer does not really understand smart phones so is of limited use. Any one else have this problem?

Viv

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky it talks to your smartphone, aparrently they don't like Apple products. cant get it to pair with iPhone or iPad so I gave up. The basic settings suffice for us.

I got our Sprite Major to pair with my iPad, my Mrs iPad and my android phone with no problems at all.

Lucky it talks to your smartphone, aparrently they don't like Apple products. cant get it to pair with iPhone or iPad so I gave up. The basic settings suffice for us.

Mike.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

I haven't tried to pair ours yet. There's enough gone wrong with this van since we had it new in April, without adding to it. The normal settings work, so I'll leave it at that.

I've managed to pair both our phones and the new tablet, all android.

I would check that your apple product meets the criteria to work with SC, my 2012 nexus tablet didn't meet the spec.

Also use the App daily to monitor the battery level.

• 5 weeks later...

A friend had the same issue-apparently swift have to contact sergeant with the barcode to inform them which set-up you have-eg truma/whale/alde heating etc. ...and they should be able to set it up correctly for you.

Tried again last time we were out but we can't get it to work with either my wife's iPhone or iPad or mine. Given up with it, just an over complicated gimmick in my opinion.

Have just acquired new Classic Doublette (upgraded Sprite) with above electronic (Sargeant) system for controlling electric functions via smartphone. I think I read the instructions thoroughly and have got some of it working but it states ' the system will automatically recognise the heating system in your van and load the correct interface onto your smartphone.' Wrong! This van has a Truma Combi boiler but the iPhone after connection shows it to be an Alde (I wish!!) both when the heating is on and when it isn't so I don't know where to go from there. Our dealer does not really understand smart phones so is of limited use. Any one else have this problem?

Viv

Why would you not contact the designer/supplier of the Command System rather tha pose a question here on a forum.

Who is likely to have the solution Sargent or a Forum member?

Two months since your original post. Have you a solution?

Would be good to have it posted here!!

IF you have one.

Edited by b4bill

From the dealer technical download manual, i posted a link to a PDF of this on swift talk.

3 Dealer / Advanced Settings
If you are familiar with the EC400 or EC500 advanced settings you will find that the EC600 settings are
very similar.
To access the dealer settings menu, at the control panel, scroll to the SARGENT EC620 screen and
press and hold the select button (left Arrow). After about 10 seconds you will enter the advance menu.
PLEASE USE CAUTION AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE CHANGING, you can upset the
system if you don’t know what you are doing!
The following is the full advanced menu list, press the down button to move to the next item. Press the
select button to change the setting. Some settings are enabled / disabled depending on the first
system type (SYS TYPE) setting. An MH in the left column indicated a motorhome only setting.

CI-BUS Device Configuration Menu
HEAT= Set CI-BUS heating device. Options are NONE, ALDE 3020, TRUMA CP+ or
WHALE. Default option is ALDE 3020.

Tried again last time we were out but we can't get it to work with either my wife's iPhone or iPad or mine. Given up with it, just an over complicated gimmick in my opinion.

+1!

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

Why would you not contact the designer/supplier of the Command System rather tha pose a question here on a forum.

Who is likely to have the solution Sargent or a Forum member?

Two months since your original post. Have you a solution?

Would be good to have it posted here!!

IF you have one.

I suppose much the same could be asked of people wanting ferry costs, caravan dimensions, awning sizes. .............the list goes on.

It will be ever thus and there's usually a few people who locate the preferred answer from the web, or simply, make a guess!

Seems to me that if someone asks such a question they are in need of an answer. Perhaps they prefer the informality of a forum? Unlike you I would hesitate to criticise for asking it although providing a pointer to where the answer may be found is certainly a sensible thing to do!

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still following the issue could only be resolved by Sargeants who are able to override and correct. It worked perfectly until the Truma control panel gave up the ghost after two months and our dealer mistakenly fitted an incorrect replacement. A Truma rep visited the dealer and discovered the override which apparently had to be removed for the system to work! Of course I don't have any idea what was going on but the dealer was unhappy that it took 13 hours of his time to sort it.

It works fine now.

• 11 months later...

I had the same problem and it turned out that the dealer had not registered the type of heater on the System. One phone call to Sargent resolved the problem in five minutes. They were able to access the caravan remotely and set it up.   Everything now working as specified.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to xtrailman for posting the solution.   I changed the settings as per the instructions posted and its now working correctly.   As with others, the default alde heating was selected and i changed it to the truma setting.   

As for the unhelpful post about asking on a forum rather than the manufacturer, they were shut when i wanted to call.    I think its entirely reasonable to ask if anyone else had the solution, which has had the benefit of helping others (including me). 

• 4 months later...
On 02/08/2017 at 20:49, xtrailman said:

From the dealer technical download manual, i posted a link to a PDF of this on swift Talk.

3 Dealer / Advanced Settings
If you are familiar with the EC400 or EC500 advanced settings you will find that the EC600 settings are
very similar.
To access the dealer settings menu, at the control panel, scroll to the SARGENT EC620 screen and
press and hold the select button (left Arrow). After about 10 seconds you will enter the advance menu.
PLEASE USE CAUTION AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE CHANGING, you can upset the
system if you don’t know what you are doing!
The following is the full advanced menu list, press the down button to move to the next item. Press the
select button to change the setting. Some settings are enabled / disabled depending on the first
system type (SYS TYPE) setting. An MH in the left column indicated a motorhome only setting.

CI-BUS Device Configuration Menu
HEAT= Set CI-BUS heating device. Options are NONE, ALDE 3020, TRUMA CP+ or
WHALE. Default option is ALDE 3020.

xtrailman are you able to send me this link please?

Kind regards

49 minutes ago, CDonBay said:

xtrailman are you able to send me this link please?

Kind regards

It's a PDF file if you PM me your email I can send you a copy.  

I'm not sure how I can post it otherwise.

6 hours ago, xtrailman said:

It's a PDF file if you PM me your email I can send you a copy.  

I'm not sure how I can post it otherwise.

It says that you cannot receive emails.

Try again I think it was my inbox being full.

ps hopefully I have sent you the file via messenger.

Edited by xtrailman

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, simple update to the control panel following instructions above it worked perfectly. If you want to use the feature that's fine but saying it's a gimmick without using or understanding is simply wrong. Why would you heat your caravan when you are out or return to a cold caravan. I would rather turn on the heating a hour before I return.