No Pressure/no Water

Rooki34

Hi folks, help needed.

We are currently away on holiday and are having issues with our water. Pressure has never been brilliant but adequate for our needs, we set up Tuesday afternoon priming the water system by way of the battery until the system produced water, we then switched on the water heater after hooking up.

All was ok for a while until the water decided to run cold, then run to a trickle, then nothing at all.

We have a full water barrel, the pump can be heard working when a tap is switched on but as stated, nothing coming through.

Is this a job for someone a little more technically minded than myself or could it be an easy fix? We are still away until Sunday so would really like to resolve this problem if possible. Thanks in advance.

First the obvious. Go out to the water container and have a look to see whether the suction hose/pump is actually submerged. They have a tendency to curl up in the container. While there check if you have water in the container after priming the caravan.

Ern

If the caravan isn't new it is likely that the filter on the end of the tap head is clogged. Not uncommon,

I clean mine every year and am always surprised at the amount of black muck that accumulates there.

Use a large adjustable spanner to remove them. They have 2 flats to accomodate a spanner.

They look like this https://www. amazon. co. uk/PA1B-P3-Replacement-Threaded-Aerator-Polished/dp/B00P3J1DAE/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_201_tr_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JHEWBG82VSR8CFM92W86

Edited by springtime

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Others of us remove that filter and chuck it away!!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

If the caravan isn't new it is likely that the filter on the end of the tap head is clogged. Not uncommon,

I clean mine every year and am always surprised at the amount of black muck that accumulates there.

Use a large adjustable spanner to remove them. They have 2 flats to accomodate a spanner.

They look like this https://www. amazon. co. uk/PA1B-P3-Replacement-Threaded-Aerator-Polished/dp/B00P3J1DAE/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_201_tr_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JHEWBG82VSR8CFM92W86

This is exactly what I thought when I read the post.

I had the same problem a few weeks back and unscrewed the filters on the end of the taps with my fingers, hey presto it worked.

News ones purchased on eBay, see, http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/302322215322 best 0. 56p spent

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium auto, 5 seats. Elddis Avante 574

Thanks for the feedback.

Obviously the water drum is full and have ensured the pump is fully submersed, most people are pointing the finger at the filters in the taps. I have looked at the tap and it appears there isn't a nut type attachment for me to unscrew, the type I am told can be taken of by way of a spanner, would you say these would just unscrew?

Try unscrewing it by hand.

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

I would start from the beginning, make sure the drain tap is closed, attach pump making sure it has been primed, dunked. Switch tap electrics on 12v. and open tap. There's an adjustable valve, sorry can't think of the right word, that is what went wrong with our water, somehow it moved. Don't run the pump without water, you'll damage it. What make of pump do you have?

Try another tap or the shower. If they work ok then its the filter on the tap as said above. If they don't work as well then its something to do with the pump or the inline filter

Joanie's point about dunking can be quite important. i. e. dunk pump in barrel before connecting to van, THEN attach to van. Otherwise if all taps and in-line filters are clear, drain taps closed etc, it may be the pump impeller slipping on the shaft. Watch under van while pumping to be sure water isn't just running away. Maybe see if a friendly neighbour with a compatible fitting will let you try their pump.

A quick thank you for everyone's suggestions. It turned out to be the pump itself, it had an intermittent fault with it, new one purchased and we are cooking with gas