Avondale Mayfly 1986

Judean

I have just been given an avondale mayfly 1986. I cant work out how to put the water on. Everything else seems to work great. Helo please im a newby to caravaning.

Not sure that I fully understand the problem Judean. Ther will be somewhere to stick a pipe into to draw water out of an aquaroll or similar via an electric pump on the end of said pipe I would have thought. If you really are clueless ;) then if you say which is your nearest town there may be a member nearby who would be happy to give a crash course. Certainly if you were near me I would happily do so for the price of a cuppa and a bicky.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Thing is, Judean, Easy's from the other side of the Pennines, so won't turn out unless you offer biccies. .....you may find a Yorkshireman who will do it for nowt. ....unlikely, I admit, but worth asking around before you empty the barrel.

I'd show you for free but Easy's closer :)

Lovely caravan, btw, always fancied one but could never afford one. ...have fun :)

• Like 1

As Easy T says, there should be a water inlet along the right side of the van, usually placed so that the inside part is in a bed bunk for access. Most vans of this era used a submersible pump in an Aquaroll.

Look for a switch in the van marked 'Water' which is used to isolate pump - this needs to be in the On position of course, but never let the pump run dry for more than a few moments, as they burn out after some 30 minutes dry running.

You should have a water container and a pump, have you coupled the water up and got it through all the taps before trying the water heater, I hope so.

This link may help you to understand the water heater http://www. seered. co. uk/zz1. pdf

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Welcome to the forum! :welcome: What items have you been given with the caravan? You say everything

else works, so I assume you have a battery?

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

You should have a water container and a pump, have you coupled the water up and got it through all the taps before trying the water heater, I hope so.

This link may help you to understand the water heater http://www. seered. co. uk/zz1. pdf

I doubt that many vans of this era had a water heater

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Hi Alan. I'd be surprised if the Avondale didn't have a water heater, they were very well equipped for that time. A submersible pump would be fitted but I don't know which one.

John. :)

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

Thanks John.

• Like 1

Alan

Avondale were building quality vans by 1986. Floors were two layers of marine ply with 25mm foam between. Walls were insulated with foam and upholstery was top quality. Water was probably heated with a Carver water heater and the water inlet hose together with a submersible pump was contained in a housing to the left of the Carver flue.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.