Not A Good Start. ..

Mow Cop Ken

We set off yesterday to overnight at Daleacres Caravan and Motorhome Site before we leave in an hour to catch the Eurotunnel on our 6 week tour of Belgium, Holland and Germany.

We stopped for a quick toilet break on M1 Newport Pagnell services and heard a loud noise as we pulled into the parking area - I had a quick check and as there was no visible damage, assumed the jockey wheel had grounded in a pothole.

Anyway, we arrived at Daleacres around 4pm and then found out what the noise was - the nearside mover was damaged and minus a bit of it - not sure what it is, but it doesn't work.

I quickly rang Powrtouch and then sent them a picture with their promise to ring back. I had forgotten to switch my phone from 'do not disturb' and missed their call back. After several frantic attempts to speak with no success, we have decided to press on with our tour without the mover.

We both have weak backs, so let's hope they hold up. It will also give me time to improve my reversing.

I'm sure if you pop into any caravan dealer in Belgium, Holland or Germany and explain your predicament most will try and assist you.

Just don't mention Brexit :o:D:D

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

I'm sure if you pop into any caravan dealer in Belgium, Holland or Germany and explain your predicament most will try and assist you.

Just don't mention Brexit :o:D:D

Perhaps a super fast Crash Course in Belgian - I believe that is possibly the easiest to get ones head around :D:rolleyes::unsure:

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Perhaps a super fast Crash Course in Belgian - I believe that is possibly the easiest to get ones head around :D:rolleyes::unsure:

Strange country, depending on which bit you're in depends on which language they choose to use, French, Dutch, German or Flemmish. I was there last weekend, great place, lovely people and most speak excellent English.

I'm in Luxembourg this weekend, that's even madder :)

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would provide an update. We managed really well without the mover. Yes, my reversing has improved by leaps and bounds. On the few sites where it was too tricky (for me) to get on the pitch, help always came from those around who were willing to help without being asked and it was a really good introduction to chatting with the neighbours.

Powrtouch came out 2 days after we got home and we now have a fully functioning mover again.

Thanks, it's always great to get an update. Pleased to see you are sorted.

KH