Pegasus 4 Ancona - Leaky Roof

MPG

Currently away and number 3 daughter complained her pj's were damp last night. Quick inspection and it's coming in from the roof joint.

Rather annoying and will have to sort out getting it back in. Hopefully the new front seat cushions etc and fridge shelf / door lock will be there to fit as well Savin another trip.

Mike

Welcome to the club ! - key spare for any owner of a recent Bailey is a roll of waterproof gaffer tape, pathetic but true.

Sorry to hear of your woes mpg. Thought your Ancona didn't have a roof join.

When we had our issues, the dealer was very good giving us a temporary fix until the perm one went throughout the under warranty. Push for that as it at least won't affect any hols planned. Our leak was purely down to shoddy workmanship on one side

Sorry to hear of your woes mpg. Thought your Ancona didn't have a roof join.

When we had our issues, the dealer was very good giving us a temporary fix until the perm one went throughout the under warranty. Push for that as it at least won't affect any hols planned. Our leak was purely down to shoddy workmanship on one side

Unfortunately it does MM as it has the same shape as the unicorn now!

Will give the dealer a bell in the morning as I need to chase them up on the seats and fridge door / broken shelf.

They are usually very good at dealing with warranty issues so fingers crossed.

Unfortunately it does MM as it has the same shape as the unicorn now!

Will give the dealer a bell in the morning as I need to chase them up on the seats and fridge door / broken shelf.

They are usually very good at dealing with warranty issues so fingers crossed.

As an interim, pull the inner join trim down slightly in the middle (creating a low point in the middle) so you can pool any moisture and clear this out before it causes further damage. Dealer asked me to do this as then you can at least put something under that low point.

Feel for you

As an interim, pull the inner join trim down slightly in the middle (creating a low point in the middle) so you can pool any moisture and clear this out before it causes further damage. Dealer asked me to do this as then you can at least put something under that low point.

Feel for you

This doesn't always work - my leak was due to the poor workmanship in fitting and sealing the end cap so was directly above the o/s rear locker. The cover for this is just a very short piece and does not connect to the central section. I pulled away from the polystyrene insulation and place a mug underneath to catch the drips. Dealer removed both end caps cleaned area and resealed not had a problem since.

Just going to find a large piece of wood to touch!

Edited by Vanning Man

In my Pegasus 4 had leaky roof,leaky bottom bunk door and to top it all leaky toilet hatch. The caravan had to go in every time to be fixed,won't be buying another heap of Bailey JUNK. Brand new van and wished I never bought it

Sorry to hear of your problems Mike.

Welcome to the ever expanding Bailey leaky roof club. At least by now your dealer should be an expert at fixing it quickly.

We ought to start our own forum. :ph34r:

Sorry to hear of your problems Mike.

Thanks Brendan

Fortunately not had much rain and a bowl is catching what comes in!

Feel for you

I try to get the van with a slight lean towards the door as it means we sleep slightly head up and the bathroom door defaults to closed if the girls don't shut it properly! This means I can put a bowl on the top shelf of the cupboard and the rain drops in to it!

A bit of a ball ache but hopelly the fix is permanent and I don't have to worry about once fixed.

I try to get the van with a slight lean towards the door as it means we sleep slightly head up and the bathroom door defaults to closed if the girls don't shut it properly! This means I can put a bowl on the top shelf of the cupboard and the rain drops in to it!

A bit of a ball ache but hopelly the fix is permanent and I don't have to worry about once fixed.

Hope it isn't ruining your time away. Out of interest, what side is the poor finish sealant on. Ours was on the near side, and then creating the water run down the internal strip to the offside

Hope it isn't ruining your time away. Out of interest, what side is the poor finish sealant on. Ours was on the near side, and then creating the water run down the internal strip to the offside

Not at all, the fridge still works so the drink is cold although I do miss the wine shelf which broke on the last trip!

Strangely enough it absolutely wazzed down last night and not a drop came in and can't see where it's entering so the dealer will have to investigate.

As long as the repair works I will be happy.

Not at all, the fridge still works so the drink is cold although I do miss the wine shelf which broke on the last trip!

Strangely enough it absolutely wazzed down last night and not a drop came in and can't see where it's entering so the dealer will have to investigate.

As long as the repair works I will be happy.

The same thing happened to us. It was the slow wet drizzle type rain that we got affected most by