Sign in to follow this  
Leedslad

Tv Fox. Anyone Know About This?

You can get the same programmes with a wire coat hanger

• Like 2

Some sort of con I would say.

Why???

There are loads of similarly useless aerials for sale in the UK shops already. None will provide reliable reception except in the strongest signal locations where a coat hanger might well work, too.

One or two even look similar: http://www. rica. org. uk/content/indoor-aerial-test-reports

The link provided by the OP is to an American website. As stated, this is nothing more than an indoor aerial. There's some commonality of TV frequencies between Europe and the US, but their band stops at around channel 50 (I think)...so this unit would work in some parts of the country but not others (e. g. NW England). In a couple of years it will actually be correct, as those upper channels are about to be cleared for mobile in any case. However, aerials such as this are notorious for getting overloaded by adjacent frequencies, so ironically just as it becomes the correct frequency range in 2020, it'll be useless because as soon as you turn your mobile on it'll probably wipe it out. ..

Stick to a proper aerial on the roof. ...

Some sort of con I would say.

Con may be a bit strong but misleading certainly. These things are aimed more perhaps at the cable saturated markets of the USA, Australia etc - hence the claim that 'expensive cable TV fees could be a thing of the past.

It seems that they are good at what they do in the same way that any other antenna is good at what it does in pulling a free to air broadcast signal out of the air. In the US these days it seems such free to air (as opposed to zillions of cable) channels are a bit thin on the ground and thus, whilst you may end up paying no 'expensive cable fees', you are likely to end up only receiving a slack handful of free to air channels rather than the zillions you are used to on cable.

Here in the U. K. with freeview on built in TV decoders, a decent aerial is all that is required at probably lower cost than these gadgets. Freesat is also available here at a not unreasonable one-off cost.

The link provided by the OP is to an American website. As stated, this is nothing more than an indoor aerial. There's some commonality of TV frequencies between Europe and the US, but their band stops at around channel 50 (I think). . .so this unit would work in some parts of the country but not others (e. g. NW England). In a couple of years it will actually be correct, as those upper channels are about to be cleared for mobile in any case. However, aerials such as this are notorious for getting overloaded by adjacent frequencies, so ironically just as it becomes the correct frequency range in 2020, it'll be useless because as soon as you turn your mobile on it'll probably wipe it out. . .

Stick to a proper aerial on the roof. . . .

The website clearly states

FREE TV NOW IN gb.png
  • Like 1

The website clearly states

FREE TV NOW IN gb.png

Yes but I just logged on in Poland and:

FREE TV NOW IN pl.png

Magic of the internet !!

I think, as has been said, a tad misleading

David

I get free tv in the UK - it's called FreeView using the aerial on the roof of my van or the log-periodic one hanging from the rafters in the loft of my bungalow. I can also get free Tv from my satellite dish, it's called FreeSat

It doesn't need a magic device, just an aerial pointed in the right direction which you've probably already got. .

Looking at the specification (such as it is) they reckon it's got a range of 30 miles which can be increased to 50 with an amplifier howeevr it's also got the standard disclaimer that it doesn't always work.

This unit it says works on HD boxes wonder why not on SD boxes.

Says it makes laptops and computers get TV too.

I still think its a Scam.

Yes, I thought it sounded too good to be true as well. I just wondered if anyone had actually tried one of these devices.

John.

Yes, I thought it sounded too good to be true as well. I just wondered if anyone had actually tried one of these devices.

John.

I guess folk here just cleverer than many and those not sure know to ask here as you did.

If you want to use an indoor aerial go to such as Wilko or even a £1 shop and try one.

As your in West Yorkshire like myself there is plenty of signal about.

• Like 1

Don't tell me I've been conned Andy!

post-33872-0-55904400-1496241070_thumb.jpg

Don't Buy This! I purchased a TVFox HDTV Antenna with the booster. I only received one station intermittently. I repeatedly tried to contact customer support only to receive the message that an agent was not available and they would call me back. I NEVER received a return call. In my opinion, this is a scam and they have no intention of honoring a money back guarantee.

• Like 1

The aerial is designed for domestic use - and remember most US houses are made of wood so they don't attenuate the signal too much!

Inside a caravan - which in most cases is not far off being a Faraday Cage - they would be useless unless the transmitter is line of sight and quite close.

• Like 1

It seems to be an aerial to avoid paying for otherwise chargeable channels.

2 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

It seems to be an aerial to avoid paying for otherwise chargeable channels.

Eh?

10 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

Eh?

https://forums. overclockers. co. uk/threads/tvfox-antenna-watch-more-channels-free-legally. 18785327/

How Does it Work?
It's easy! Just connect TVFox Antenna with any TV or monitor your have. All cables are included in the package. Press the power button and done. No seriously, it literally takes 10 seconds and you are able to watch all your favorite channels.

But how can you watch for free? The secret to that is a law that no cable company in the world wants you to know about. It states that every cable company has to provide additionally to the normal signal a over-the-air signal. So in order to not break the law the cable companies distrubute this signal but in a low frequency- so almost no antennas were able to pick it up reliably. Until now - TVFox Antenna changes that

Since this aerial appears to connect to the TV's standard tuner I cannot see how you will receive any additional channels.

It is with reference to America and Cable Channels Vs Terrestrial Broadcasts

Also see my post dated - May 31

I bought one of these and it's just a freeview aerial, it's small and neat, does require sticking to something and is best if pointing in one direction but as an aerial it does the job, would I buy another one, no, there are much better alternatives for the money.

On 30/05/2017 at 13:35, Wunny said:

You can get the same programmes with a wire coat hanger

Wunny is basically right.

There is a lot of confusion over TV aerials in general. Have a look around at all the Hi-Tec fancy digital aerials lots of people fitted when the analogue transmitters were turned off. They thought they were going to be without TV and a lot of aerial installers jumped on the bandwaggon and made a killing. I got a reputable company in with a view to swapping my aerial but as soon as the engineer saw that I was getting the full range of FTA digital channels with my ancient analogueUHF TV aerial he told me I didn't need one. The fancy aerials are designed to boost low quality signals.

While I was writing this I thought I'd better just check my facts and found this amongst others: http://www. freetv. ie/do-i-need-a-special-hd-digital-tv-aerial-to-get-saorview/

Steve

Just to piont out to Steve there is no thing as a digital aerial and an analog aerial an aerial is an aerial it receives both.

Only thing to watch for today is if your area needs a wideband (or for caravan) is to get one that is "less wide" so as to miss the top numbered channels that are now not TV and are mobile phone.

31 minutes ago, David Park said:

Just to piont out to Steve there is no thing as a digital aerial and an analog aerial an aerial is an aerial it receives both.

Only thing to watch for today is if your area needs a wideband (or for caravan) is to get one that is "less wide" so as to miss the top numbered channels that are now not TV and are mobile phone.

Agree on the digital/analogue aerials - a good money-earner during the DTV switch-over though.

Unless very specific on choice of sites, caravanners need wideband to cope with the variations around the country.