Caravan Valuation

Steamdrivenandy

Personally, I only go to Leisure Sales for the cafe's bacon butty. Mmmmm, delicious :lol:.

Personally, I will never, ever buy caravans, cars, etc, brand new, because the minute the sold sign is stuck on the vehicle, its lost close to half its price, and that's before you put on your first mile

Really? I don't know what sort of vehicles you've seen, or deals you've been able to do, personally, since we've become fortunate enough to be able buy new and change every 3 or 4 years, I've never lost more than 50% value in 3 years.

A caravan dealership is like every other business, they will always attempt to maximise their profit. Many people will simply accept whatever trade in/cost to change figure they are given, other (more savvy individuals) will always haggle. The first group subsidise the second.

No matter what you are buying always always haggle, you will be successful a lot more times than you think.

Mrs P walks away when it comes to purchases, she finds it embarrassing, but she certainly never complains when I get a "deal"

Andy

A friend of ours, who was a Chartered Quantity Surveyor and spent half his working life haggling/negotiating, embarasses his wife by trying to negotiate discount at supermarket checkouts - but succeeds surprisingly often and gets cracking deals on cars.

Personally, I only go to Leisure Sales for the cafe's bacon butty. Mmmmm, delicious :lol:.

Personally, I will never, ever buy caravans, cars, etc, brand new, because the minute the sold sign is stuck on the vehicle, its lost close to half its price, and that's before you put on your first mile

Simply not true - when I bought my new Hyundai Santa Fe in 2011 whith their Affinity Discount of nearly 15% but zilch chance of any negotiate discount - selling it 5 years later with 54,000 miles on I got almost 50% of the price I paid at WBAC - could have got slightly over 50% by selling privately but CBA.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

The £9,300 they offered me for my nearly 6 year old van is about 52% of it's original list price. I suspect that after it's first year it would've been worth 75%, second year 70%, third year 65%, fourth year 60%, fifth year 55% and by the time it's six years old in the autumn it will be 50%. That's the dealer buying in/PX value. The forecourt price will be £2,000 more and the private sale price about £1,000 less than the dealer forecourt price.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.