Gas Bottle Advice Needed

arborlinden

Have 4 gas bottles. 2 in caravan with horizontal probe and nut connection connection to caravan regulator. These are 6kg propane. Have 2 patio gas bottles feeding BBQ and patio heater. These I understand are also propane and these have top down clip on regulator connection. Have Cadac BBQ which connects to caravan supply via a snap in connection to side of caravan which also uses caravan regulator. Want an alternative connection for the Cadac with a regulator so it can be used away from caravan and most convenient bottle to use would be one of the patio bottles. Both types of regulator purchasable (top down clip on and prob and nut) and seem to have same spec (propane 37mb) but the use of the prob and nut type would involve the purchase of another bottle or removing one from the caravan which is less convenient. Any advice?

Reason I ask is that I have just purchase a blown air patio heater. this supplied with probe and nut horizontally attached regulator for a propane bottle but states that it must not be used with patio gas. If patio gas and propane are the same gas why this restriction and would it be safe to connect to a patio gas cylinder with a clip on propane 37mb regulator?

any advice on either matter would be much appreciated.

get a male female quick release caravan type connector, 6" hose and another patio gas connector. then you can make a short length that will connect to your CADAC and click off so it will still connect to your caravan.

I have changed my caravan to patio gas as well as the 6kg bottles are light weight and the connector is so easy to use.

https://gasproducts. co. uk/caravan-marine/hose-nozzles-hose-and-clips/8mm-quick-release-gas-hose-coupling. html

As I understand it, "patio gas" is be a mixture of propane and butane. So not quite the same as a bottle marked Propane.

As I understand it, "patio gas" is be a mixture of propane and butane. So not quite the same as a bottle marked Propane.

I said this recently,in another thread,and was roundly told it was all propane. ..my original source,some years ago,was local garden centre who sold it.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

As said quick release lpg coupling would help, I have them so I can change from butane to propane easily, I also have then for my gas light and heater and so I can plug them into the caravan or into a gauge

mg8iRp1cmi1e9ctiQsJwQGQ.jpg

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Same here as Paul B, use the assembly on a table patio heater.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

CALOR patio gas is propane. https://www. calor. co. uk/shop/gas-bottles/patio-gas-bottles. html

FLOGAS patio is also propane https://www. flogas. co. uk/shop/cylinders/flogas-gas-cylinders/flogas-11kg-gas-cylinder-1

Other patio gas suppliers may differ? or the mix theory may just be an urban myth?

Patio gas from Calor is a premium product, but 13kg size can be swapped for normal 13kg Propane (it is in the same group) so I'd probably advise going that route, long term, to reduce gas cost. (Assuming the gas connecting pipe allows that on both devices). The quick release couplings in post 5 are useful. I use them at home and in caravan.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.