Voltmeter Display Not Working?

Antony1977

We have been at a music festival since Thursday, off grid. When the kids woke at 6am this morning they were watching the 12v tv and suddenly it went off and the voltmeter display dropped to the bottom volts, no 12v lights no fridge light no nothing.

I put it down to just running the battery down ( we have a 100w solar panel tho)

Home now and I've plugged caravan back into the mains,

The lights work, so does fridge, heating etc. But the voltmeter display is still on 9v instead of around 13v that it was and normally is when off grid and when the mains is connected.

I've never experienced this before, I've flipped all the consumer unit switches on and off but the display isn't working.

Adria Sportline DT 2014

I will test the 12v sockets tomo and the motor mover.

Any ideas?

Pic

post-52609-0-63046200-1496076519_thumb.png

Got my neighbour round, found the 10amp fuse for water pump had blown, put a new one in and it's all working again,

Does one blown fuse usually mean that all the 12v things don't work tho?

It was the tv going off that made us realise, then we tried the lights (didn't work) then we looked at the fridge light (didn't work)

Could be the charger because on EHU you should get the charger output of in excess of 12V

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I'd check the battery connections and the battery, is there any chance of checking the battery electrolyte to see if its running dry or even use a hydrometer to check the condition of the electrolyte.

I also think its time to get the multimeter out and do some tests on the solar set up

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Erm. You have lost me! My mate runs an auto electric garage, can they do one of those electrolyte tests?

Get him to check the battery, if you can top up the electrolyte a £1. 50 hydrometer can see and check the condition of each cell, below is the meter and small hydrometer which I have in the caravan

battery check

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)